Port Macquarie Panthers are seeking an enthusiastic Commis Chef or cook with excellent attention to detail to join their kitchen team on a Full-Time basis.
We currently have an opportunity for an energetic team player to join the Panthers Port Macquarie Kitchen team either as a Commis Chef or experienced Cook. Working behind the scenes, your contribution to the team is vital to the successful operation of the kitchen. You will enjoy working in an energetic kitchen team that prides itself on presenting quality food to our customers. You will thrive in a fast paced kitchen environment and have the ability to work efficiently and pro-actively.
Your Main Duties and Responsibilities will include, however are not limited to:
- Food preparation, presentation and service to our members and guests;
- Catering for functions and various events;
- Stock management duties including stock takes and recording wastage;
- Accepting food deliveries, checking stock and ensure the safe storage of products;
- Cleaning duties within kitchen area to ensure the kitchen is well presented and cleaned at all times and;
- Practice compliant food health and safety through safe storage and utilising FIFO principles;
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- At least 3-5 years’ experience working in a busy kitchen environment;
- Commercial Cookery Trade Qualification;
- Previous function catering experience;
- Fantastic communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- A good level of physical fitness as the role entails lifting and carrying kitchen items;
- Positive attitude and the ability to work well under pressure;
- Strong commitment to your customers and team and;
- Passion and enthusiasm for delivering the best food service for our customers.
A relocation fee, sponsorship or transfer of sponsorship may be available for the successful applicant
You will be punctual, have a strong work ethic and a positive and happy attitude to work. You are required to be flexible and reliable as you will need to be available to work as required including nights, weekends and public holidays.
If this sounds like the position for you, please apply today!
Panthers Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Indigenous Australians to apply.