Challenge Community Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
About the role
The purpose of this role is to provide NDIS clients with support to pursue a range of activities to achieve the goals set out in their NDIS plans.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Providing ongoing support coordination services to clients in line with their NDIS plan.
- Using a coaching approach to assist clients in capacity building.
- Maintain accurate and up to date case notes and reporting on client progress.
- Establish strong rapport and working relationships with a range of stakeholders including their family members, allied health providers, community groups and various stakeholders.
- Engaging and coordinating service providers on behalf of clients and linking clients to relevant providers.
- Engaging with NDIS staff and Local Area Coordinators.
- Tertiary qualifications or experience in Disability, Social Work, Education, Leisure and Recreation, or related behavioural science
- Experience in working with adults and/or children with disabilities and where appropriate their families/carers and on a case coordination basis
- Highly developed written, verbal, interpersonal and service collaboration skills including the ability to deal openly and
effectively with people and/or children with multiple and complex needs.
- Capacity to monitor service provision within budgetary requirements, and contribute to the budget development
- Demonstrated experience of service provision to people with disabilities.
- Current NSW Driver’s Licence
- NDIS worker screening check or willingness to obtain
- WWC or willingness to obtain
- Current police Check or willingness to obtain
- Covid 19 Vaccinations status including booster
- Pre Employment Assessment with drug screen
You will have access to:
- Schad's Award Level 3 pay rates based on qualifications and or experience.
- Pay range - $34.04 up to $36.50 per hour
- Increase your take home pay with Salary Packaging Options
- Flexible working hours
- The ability to purchase 2 weeks EXTRA annual leave that you can take or even get paid out as a saving incentive.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Annual Flu Vaccination
- Day Off on your Birthday!!
- Job satisfaction – helping to make a difference in people’s lives.
To apply and view the Position Description please click on the 'apply now' button below or visit our website: www.challengecommunity.org.au
Confidential enquiries can be made by contacting Rachel Sherwood via email at .
Closing Date: 24th January 2023
We acknowledge the traditional owners of the land on which we work and live, and pay my respects to their elders past and present.