Are you looking for a care role that offers both flexibility and a sense of purpose?
Use your care experience to promote independence in the home whilst enabling your client to live life to the fullest.
Reporting to The Service Delivery Manager you will be responsible for providing care to an older client who has an acquired brain injury. You will be working with a team of other like minded individuals so you will never go without the support you need.
About the position:
- Live-in Care roster supporting older client with acquired brain injury
- Flexibility to negotiate a roster to maximise your work/life balance
- Working with a team of Live-In carers with 2 assigned to every 24 hour block
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work under limited supervision
- The ability to plan and organise self to ensure the timely completion of tasks.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively as a member of a team
- Have a friendly and cheerful demeanour
- Demonstrate an empathic and caring approach
- Ability to use a smartphone and/or tablet or the ability to learn
- Physical fitness including ability to undertake manual handling, carrying, standing and sitting for long periods of time
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Any stream) or equivalent
- Current and valid Driver’s Licence plus own vehicle
- Current First Aid Certificate and CPR
- Current Police Check
- Relevant industry experience in either disabilities or in-home care
Take advantage of an attractive salary, PLUS super and additional benefits including:
- Salary packaging (up to $15,900 net) to increase your take home pay;
- Novated leasing;
- An unrivaled culture of care and support
If you have a passion to make a difference to people’s lives, and a desire to contribute to your community then come and join the award winning, enthusiastic team at McLean Care Community.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must be eligible to work in Australia, be willing to undertake a criminal record check and NDIS Check in accordance with the requirements of the Aged Care Act 1997.
McLean Care is committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of its staff and residents and provides a yearly immunisation program for staff.