Galen College of Nursing is a vibrant and growing, single-purpose nursing college focused on expanding access to quality nursing education. Our culture is at the forefront of everything we do. Galen's fundamental goals are to be the best place for nursing education and the best place to work and one cannot be true without the other.
At Galen College of Nursing, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match - 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
As you consider joining Galen, please carefully consider how you will model the culture we embrace and look to sustain. A culture where good ideas can come from anywhere and transparency is vital. Respect, accountability and integrity are non-negotiables, and commitment is created and sustained through the development of all employees. We care about each other and our students. We look for ways to exceed expectations and we are always looking for ways to improve and grow, while delivering the promise of extraordinary nursing education, matched only by a commitment to our students' success. If you feel our culture aligns with your strength of experience, attitude and authentic desire to work with great people to help changes lives, we'd love to talk!
Galen College is currently looking for committed, engaged, creative faculty who want to profoundly influence nursing student success and partake and engage in the full scope of the Nursing Faculty role. We are seeking a full time Med/Surg instructor. As a Nursing faculty you will be responsible for engaging in the full scope of the academic nurse educator role.
- Facilitate learning and learner development
- Use assessment and evaluation strategies
- Participate in curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation
- Evaluation of program outcomes
- Ongoing development of the nurse educator role
- Engage in scholarship
- Develop and function as a leader and change agent; and function within the educational environment
- This role must be fulfilled in accordance with rules and regulations of the state and federal regulatory and accrediting bodies
- Instructors must hold an active and unencumbered Nursing license in the state of Texas
- Have at least two years of experience and hold an BSN or higher degree
- Experience in clinical area of expertise
- Experience must be within the last five years
- Healthcare facility leadership and management experience a plus
- Maintain knowledge of curriculum development and teaching methodology
- Familiarity with the state board of nursing Rules and Regulations for nursing and nursing education
- Ability to adapt rapidly to a variety of situations
Galen College Values:
Inclusivity: I foster an environment that provides opportunity for every individual to reach their full potential.
Character: I act with integrity and compassion in all I do.
Accountability: I own my role and accept responsibility for my actions.
Respect: I value every person as an individual with unique contributions worthy of consideration.
Excellence: I commit myself to the highest level of quality in everything I do.
We are Galen College of Nursing. Our focus is nursing education and our students' success is all that matters. We offer a unique educational experience we call Pure Nursing. Our knowledgeable and caring faculty and staff take personal interest in helping our students achieve their goals. Galen College is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate, baccalaureate, and master's degrees. The baccalaureate degree in nursing program at Galen College of Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), and the associate degree program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). For complete information related to Galen's accreditation status, please visit our website.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Founded 30 years ago, Galen College of Nursing is one of the largest private nursing schools in the United States. With a focus solely on nursing education and a mission to expand access to nursing education, the College offers master’s, baccalaureate and associate degree education and practical/vocational nursing (PN/VN) programs to over 6,000 students on its campuses in Louisville, Ky., Hazard, Ky., San Antonio, Tx., Tampa Bay, Fla., Cincinnati, Oh., and Online. Galen is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate and baccalaureate degrees. For more information about Galen College of Nursing, visit galencollege.edu.