Advisory | Brisbane CBD, QLD | Permanent - Full Time
Project & Infrastructure – AssistantManager
- Large National Infrastructure Practice
- Brisbane-based role, national projects
- Growth Focused Environment
Your next opportunity
BDO’s national Project & Infrastructure Advisory teamis seeking a professional looking to step-up in their career andwho is enthusiastic about managing and delivering some ofAustralia’s largest and most important infrastructureprojects.
The Project & Infrastructure Advisory team providesstrategic, transactional, financial, and economic advice to publicand private sector clients regarding their significant projectswith services such as business cases and feasibility assessments,financial modelling, transaction advice, cost benefit assessments,and financial due diligence.
What you’ll need to succeed
As an Assistant Manager in Project & Infrastructure Advisoryyou will have previous experience in major infrastructure projectsor significant commercial transactions. Opportunities to beinvolved in the following types of transactions:
- Provision of written and verbal financial advice to all levels of government in relation to the assessment of proposed projects including advising on the procurement of large projects
- Development of bespoke financial models to support business cases and/or project finance advisory engagements
- Provision of financial advisory services to consortia bidding for large infrastructure assets.
In addition to the above specific responsibilities, you willhave the opportunity to be involved in a broad range of Project& Infrastructure Advisory work including economics, procurementand transaction management.
As a key advisor to some of Australia’s most significantinfrastructure projects, you will be process focused and confidentin your ability. You will have:
- 3 to 5 years financial and commercial experience with infrastructure projects (essential)
- General corporate finance experience, particularly with conducting financial due diligence engagements (highly regarded)
- Highly numerate with excellent financial modelling and quantitative analysis skills, with strong experience in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent presentation skills including superior report writing skills and ability to confidently present concepts to clients
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding of relevant markets
- Ability to guide the work of junior team members and manage assigned deliverables across a few engagements
- A strong academic record
- Post Graduate studies ( CFA/CA), either completed or underway (well regarded)
BDO is a trusted adviser to clients looking for audit, tax andadvisory services. As one of the world’s leading audit andaccounting organisations, we have clients of all types and sizesacross an array of industry sectors.
Our values are at the core of who we are and how we work witheach other and with our clients. These values are the foundation ofwhat we deliver, IDEAS | PEOPLE | TRUST. This is about deliveringideas and advice that create value; quality-driven people who aremotivated by providing exceptional client service; and beingtrusted to get the job done.
What we will offer you
BDO offers professional development, collaborative culture,workplace flexibility, global career growth opportunities and anindustry-competitive salary package.
We are committed to building your technical, advisory,leadership, and management skills, and balance work with promotinghealth, wellbeing, workplace giving and social activities. At BDO,we want you to enjoy what you do and the community of colleaguesand clients you work with.
As a firm, we embrace an inclusive culture and value thedifference and unique perspective of every individual. We are proudto be named an Inclusive Employer for 2021-2022 by DiversityCouncil Australia (DCA).