Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Area Warehouse Manager is responsible for both operational and financial support for a predetermined area consisting of 6-8 direct reports. The role will support our Campbell Snacks Warehouse Management team by providing training & coaching for the day to day operation of any DSD hubs, DSD warehouses (Depots) located within the assigned area. Responsibilities include but are not limited to asset operations, accounts receivable, inventory levels, stale reduction, stock audit / SOX compliance, FDA inspections, and developmental training of the Warehouse Management team. The role will support the Warehouse Managers in operational excellence with emphasis on achieving Campbell Snacks AOP budget.
Essential Job Duties
- Create and Manage the AOP (Annual Operating Plan) and assigned KPI (Key Performance Indicators).
- Control inventory, warehouse expenses, stale/return credit accuracy. Control inventory levels and facilities expenses consistent with Region budget/AOP.
- Maintains an accurate inventory review of slow moving and short coded product, and actions against.
- Ensure safety and quality standards are adhered to at all facilities, ensuring zero accidents, zero product contamination. Maintains responsibility for the implementation of and adherence to the corporate safety programs in respective areas.
- Works with the Sr. Regional Warehouse Manager, Warehouse Managers and Sales Teams to ensure cohesive communication and lockstep execution.
- Conducts warehouse headcount planning, goal setting, and effectively strategizes within the local warehouse environment.
- Daily operational management including stock audit codes, A/R updates, etc.
- Oversee inventory management and ensure all locations are meeting accuracy and cost goals and audits completed per company policy.
- Supports and promotes all national programs, promotions, and local initiatives to deliver sales targets.
- Monitors lead times, cube utilization, and backhaul possibilities.
- Develops and maintain relationships with Fleet Services and common carriers. Works in conjunction with transportation to optimizing routing.
- Responsible for the execution of warehouse and depot optimization strategy
- Ensure team compliance with all corporate operating guidelines and FDA, OSHA, and SOX (Sarbanes Oxley Act) regulations.
- Performs other job-related projects, duties and assignments as directed by the Senior Warehouse Manager.
- May perform other duties as required.
Statement of Coverage
Scope of Responsibility
- Manages 10-20 direct reports across multiple facilities. Promotes positive employee relations and morale, achieve high performance and achieve budgeted revenue results.
- Manages and overall oversight of assigned employees. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Ability to work in a team environment and be able to work cross functionally. Demonstrates high level of customer service, identifying and responding actively and with sensitivity to the needs of all internal and external customers. Must adapt well to change and have the ability to handle stress. Must maintain a professional image at work and in the trade.
- Strong people skills needed to work with different areas and levels of the organization.
- Excellent problem solving, planning and organizational skills. Ability to put a plan together and execute it.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of business issues and revenue and profit impact beyond data collection and analytical knowledge. Self-directing and self-motivating to perform high-level analytical analysis. Strong analytical skills with a great attention to detail and the ability to extract results from dynamic data to formulate and communicate conclusions & a plan of action. Strategic analysis of costs and inventory strategies performed requiring strong analytical and technical skills
- Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, inventory software, and manufacturing software.
- Expert knowledge of warehouse programs and systems across Campbell’s Snacks (High Jump, Oracle, JDA, SAP)
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree; a minimum of 10 years related experience and/or training; prior supervisory experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Professional Licenses or Certifications (List professional licenses or certificates required for the job)
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stoop or kneel. The employee must be able to sit most of the day, typing and using the phone.
Office and warehouse environments; noise level is usually moderate.
Overnight travel required; approximately 60%. May include air travel outside of zone.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.