ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Leads non-metallic materials technology development and qualification projects.
evaluation of non-metallic materials used in product manufacture, packaging, transportation and installation.
Develops and executes product development plans for new non-metallic materials applications or to qualify existing materials for new applications outside of the qualified envelope.
Develops and qualifies corrosion control coatings/surface treatments and company’s end fitting wetted surfaces.
Interfaces directly with the supplier’s technical representatives in the development and qualification of materials to verify the properties. Resolves material related challenges which may develop during the processes employed by suppliers for material manufacture and during in-house manufacturing of pipe, fittings and related components.
Prepare documents illustrating conformance of materials to technical procedures, industry standards or governmental regulations. Maintains non-metallic material properties database.
Active participation on industry standard committees related to company non-metallic materials is a plus
Attend and support trade shows, fellowships, conferences, exhibits, and seminars as needed to support company strategic initiatives as they relate to non-metallic materials.
Writes consistent, clear documentation that presents complex information simply and accurately
Works with others to develop documentation and communications
Produces and/or approves technical manuals, procedural manuals, process specifications, brochures, etc. (hard copy and electronic) that conforms to company procedures and/or
Comprehensive understanding of thermoplastic materials used in pipe extrusion processes, in particular various grades of HDPE.
• Comprehensive knowledge of welding processes.
• Advanced knowledge of material selection and coatings/other surface treatments for corrosive and sour service applications. Experience of materials selection for oilfield application preferred
• High level of familiarity and ability to read, analyze, interpret and apply technical procedures, industry standards or governmental regulations including PPI, API, and ASTM procedures as related to the non-metallic materials
• Knowledge and ability to develop and qualify non-metallic materials for use in products
• Knowledge of non-metallic materials test procedures and ability to use and teach others the use of materials test equipment to verify properties and fitness for service.
• Highly computer literate in Microsoft, graphical, data-acquisition and online products
• Ability to operate within a multi-tasking dynamic team environment.
• Ability to effectively present information and communicate at all levels.
• High level of initiative
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Polymer Science, Polymer Engineering, Materials Science, or Materials Engineering or related discipline. Master’s Degree and/or PhD preferred.
• 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Familiarity with ISO, API and ASTM standards applicable to non-metallic materials used in the oil and gas industry is necessary.
• Experience in the use of laboratory test equipment, including universal testing machines for measuring tensile and compressive properties, permeability measurement, blistering resistance, TGA,DMA and DSC.
• Familiar with NDE methods and interpretation
• Familiarity with word processing, database, spreadsheet, presentation software.
• Familiarity with Engineering software used for gathering, and statistically analyzing test