The Inventory Analyst is responsible for ensuring that appropriate inventory levels are sustained in multiple distribution centers to support the advertising and sales demand. This position requires interaction with multiple departments to determine strategies for managing the supply chain.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the daily analysis and execution of the procurement process for all business channels.
- Reviews forecasts, sales trends, and advertising strategies to purchase and maintain appropriate target inventory levels.
- Execute various analytic strategies, and analyze reports to determine a plan of action to prevent stocks and excess weeks of supply.
- Partner with key departments to identify and resolve supply chain issues, item cost maintenance, purchase order cancelations, delivery date revisions, and invoice discrepancies.
- Participates in meetings and establishes rapport with Sourcing Managers to stay updated on vendor-related issues
- Works with management staff to suggest new methods and develop tools for improved workflow processes.
- Publish reports to meet the business needs of the Purchasing Dept
- Procure inventory for all business channels. Submits reports to Purchasing coordinator to input Purchase orders and update information into systems.
- Reviews and APPROVES purchase orders issued by a coordinator.
- Manage inventory levels to appropriate weeks of supply in the distribution centers; Maintain SKUs to inventory levels as outlined by individual goals
- Proactively interacts with key departments to refine processes to create “best” business practices.
- Ensures products strategies and transitions are executed according to the Category Management plan
Education and/or Experience:
- BS/BA in a related field (Business, Finance/Economics, Supply Chain) preferred
- 2+ years of Inventory, Purchasing or Retail experience preferred
- Flexible and adaptable in regard to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications. Excel, Work, Outlook