Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link
Department: Cost CoE (39970652)
Division: Enterprise Finance (T87000)
Job Family: Banking / Core (default)
About the role
• Be a positive influence and an integral part of the team including working with the Hub as "one team"
• Under the guidance of Divisional Insight Business Partners, develop and maintain relationships with Business stakeholders required to execute your responsibilities
• Reports to the Cost Manager
Role Location: 833 Collins Street, Docklands VIC 3008
Role Type: Permanent, Full-Time opportunity
The Cost Centre of Excellence (‘Cost CoE’) is part of the Financial Performance Management team (‘FPM’) within Enterprise Finance and is responsible for supporting the Group CFO, the Deputy & Divisional CFOs and the business make optimal resource allocation decisions in relation to cost. To do this, the Cost CoE undertakes a range of performance management activities including planning, forecasting, reporting and analysis, which provide actionable insight and advice to its stakeholders. The Cost CoE establishes governance and performs financial control activities within the cost domain to ensure the integrity of the cost result.
Within FPM, the Cost CoE provides enterprise capability and divisional expertise to drive strategic outcomes and leverages its scale to drive continual process improvement within the cost domain.
Your team’s role
This teams sits within the Retail & Commercial Divisions Cost COE team and will support both the Retail and Commercial businesses.
Your reporting lines and stakeholders
To succeed in your role, you will need to develop and maintain strong stakeholder relationships across FPM, other Finance teams (e.g. Australia Finance Insight Business Partners); and business stakeholders where relevant. You will also need to collaborate closely with dedicated change teams that sit within the FPM function to deliver change initiatives impacting your business area.
What will your day look like
As a Cost Associate, you will work as part of a team of Cost Experts with responsibility for all cost related activities at a Divisional or Group level, including provision of accurate and timely financial information (Actuals, Performance Reporting, Outlook, Plan and provision of insightful cost related data and analytics), covering BAU costs and investments/projects.
You will primarily be Divisionally or Group aligned; and may have generalist Finance skills with BU level responsibilities; or be a specialist for specific cost related processes where a high degree of process and accounting knowledge is required.
As a divisionally aligned Cost Expert you will be co-located with Divisional Insight Business Partners and the Divisional Performance Management team forming close relationships with our peers to deliver a seamless service proposition for your stakeholders. In some cases you may be required to build and maintain relationships with Business stakeholders in collaboration with Divisional Insight Business Partners.
You will be responsible for driving continuous improvement of cost processes to extract efficiencies, ensuring the optimisation of controls, management of risks, points of friction and governance obligations are met on an continuous basis; drawing on Cost CoE process experts to build a first class capability in Finance, focusing on best practice cost management and consistency of implementation across all Divisions in collaboration with relevant GPOs.
Your key priorities and responsibilities include:
• Manage the monthly financial close process, including finalisation of actuals, PcP & driver based analytical review, management reporting, and balance sheet reconciliations
• Own and run cost models used to facilitate the planning and outlook process
• Provide commentary on current year outlook, variance analysis for PcP, Plan & outlook
• Support Divisional Insights Business Partners with financial analysis and reporting to drive decision making
• Support the business through the investment process including reviewing actuals/forecast and uploading data into PPM
• Complete strategic reviews of the cost base including making recommendations on how funds should be used
• Provide Business level performance management reporting & analysis to ensure that stakeholders (Business & Div. Insights) are held to account for the Cost Management decisions they make
• Analyse business performance and key business drivers to identify and communicate issues requiring action, while taking emerging trends and external market conditions into consideration
• Ensure management and statutory reporting obligations are well managed
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with the Finance Insights Business Partner, offshore Financial Control team and business stakeholders
• Drive continuous improvement of cost processes to extract efficiencies, optimise controls and better manage risks and governance obligations
• Work alongside Cost CoE process experts to build a first class capability in Finance, focusing on best practice cost management and consistency of implementation across all Divisions
• More broadly, assist with general Group Cost deliverables including month-end close, monthly reporting to the board and executive committee, half-year and year-end analysis, insights and reporting
What will you bring?
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
• Strong people and stakeholder management skills to support the effective delivery of projects/initiatives
• Strong verbal, visual and written communication skills to communicate initiatives, projects, ideas or progress to senior stakeholders
• Experience in designing, improving or managing operational processes and organisational systems
• Proficient in Excel (advanced is desirable but not essential) in structuring, analysing and manipulating data
• Proficiency in using tools to manage projects effectively (Excel/PPT, Sharepoint, PPM, HFM & PSGL) with a willingness to learn new tools and techniques)
So, why join us?
We’re reinventing the way we do banking, and our community of collaborative, innovative thinkers who create human-centred solutions are helping us get there. We’re responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter.
We’ll also offer you the opportunity to develop your career, working in a diverse and inclusive workplace where the different backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people are celebrated and create a great place to grow, thrive and belong.
A happy workplace is a thriving one, and some of the perks you’ll get at ANZ are:
Lifestyle leave - top up your annual leave with up to four weeks of additional purchased leave or take a longer period of unpaid time off
Great discounts on our financial products, and an annual Superannuation top up payment of $500 for all female employees to address the Superannuation gender gap
Competitive parental leave policies for both mums and dads, with a lump sum childcare contribution when you return to work
We work flexibly at ANZ and encourage you to talk to us about how this role can be flexible for you and any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself. If you are a candidate with a disability, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
Interested in joining us?
Click Apply Now, or visit www.anz.com/careers to find out more or view other opportunities.
Job Posting End Date