Secondary School Teacher
Large multi-campus Christian school
Part-time (FTE approx. 0.5)
Job Ref: LE2207
Chairo Christian School is a non-denominational Christian school with 1,700 Kinder to Year 12 students attending five picturesque campuses in West and South Gippsland, the Latrobe Valley and the south-eastern outskirts of Melbourne.
Our mission is to provide excellence in Christ-centred education in partnership with families within a caring Christian community. In doing this, we aim to prepare students thoroughly for further study, careers, service and life in general.
We are currently seeking to appoint a Secondary Teacher to work at our Leongatha campus, commencing in January 2023. The primary responsibility of this teacher will be to deliver the curriculum in a manner consistent with the guidelines and policies set by the school board and leadership team, and from a Christian worldview perspective.
Chairo teachers are also expected to foster a safe and caring environment for all students while endeavouring to role model the love of Jesus Christ to all. Other responsibilities will include:
· Maintaining a learning environment in which students are encouraged to have positive attitudes towards learning, and in which challenging and achievable expectations are set for students
· Effectively assessing student performance and providing feedback in an encouraging and confidence-building manner
· Planning and carrying out daily activities to fulfil the objectives of the school’s educational policies and mission statement
· Building relationships with students and parents in a manner that establishes a partnering approach to learning
Having obtained relevant tertiary qualifications in education and being registered with the Victorian Institute of Teaching, the successful candidate will also possess the following important characteristics:
· Demonstrated commitment to the school’s Statement of Faith
· Experience in teaching at a secondary school level (desirable)
· Sound knowledge of teaching from a Christian worldview perspective
· Ability to utilise a range of teaching strategies as may be relevant
· Ability to build strong partnering relationships and communication channels with students and parents