Our Psychologists assist clients explaining psychosocial difficulties and complex barriers to employment by conducting assessments, undertaking a variety of therapeutic interventions, facilitating groups, and, providing recommendations to appropriate vocational and non-vocational services. Our services are proven to have profound impact on employment sustainability and overall wellbeing.
- Full-time/Part time, and telehealth opportunities available.
- Various sites - North & NW TAS
Key duties of the role will include:
- Conduct thorough assessments with clients experiencing health concerns, psychosocial difficulties and barriers to employment;
- Offer tailored counselling intervention, utilising various psychological methodologies;
- Connect and refer clients to external support services to help address barriers;
- Provide evaluations on assessments and monitor the progression of cases;
- Work collaboratively with Job Coaches to maximise positive therapeutic and employment outcomes
- Liaise with medical professionals and community agencies on behalf of clients; and
- Provide training and guidance to atWork staff on psychological services and procedures.
Your proven ability to achieve and exceed performance indicators will be complemented by your:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Psychology with eligibility for full or provisional registration with AHPRA;
- Experience working within employment services highly regarded;
- Knowledge of psychology assessment / intervention strategies;
- Exceptional communication, rapport building skills and engagement;
- Proven ability to construct accurate and articulate case reports;
- Ability to work towards generating positive outcomes for clients.
- Ability to provide a Police Clearance (within 6 months) and Work with Children's Check
Employee Benefits We Offer
- Ongoing career development and national opportunities, access to the MedHealth Academy, tailored to your internship requirements and your own professional development plan; individual training and mentoring.
- Job stability, guaranteed hours.
- Offer financial support for yearly supervision costs
- Access to a range of benefits including discounts for health insurance, Employee Assistance Program, ability to purchase additional leave, roadside assistance and paid parental leave.