Professional Services Consultant (Hybrid/Remote)
Do you want something a bit different from a standard “factory” NetSuite Professional Services job? Whilst still centred on NetSuite, this role will give you a much broader outlook than many NetSuite PS roles:
• Our applications extend standard NetSuite functionality in both finance and HR
• Using our applications, our customers satisfy a more diverse range of business challenges
• Selling our applications globally, our PS Consultants work across our world-wide customer base
You will have an active role in presenting solutions, gathering requirements, implementing the NetSuite software suite and our Built-for-NetSuite applications and managing the process, mostly remotely but occasionally on client sites; training clients to use the systems effectively and providing on-going office-based client support.
The role will require the post-holder to work sometimes with colleagues and sometimes independently, to:
1.1 Prepare suitable NetSuite demonstration accounts for the Sales & Marketing Director to use to
illustrate how prospect requirements can be met
1.2 Fronted by our Sales & Marketing Director, meet prospects sometimes on sites but mostly
1.3 Fronted by our Sales & Marketing Director, demonstrate how the NetSuite system and/or
our application could satisfy prospect requirements
1.4 Assess which NetSuite modules and/or our applications will be required and estimate the Professional Services effort needed to satisfy prospect requirements (Note, this is not a sales role, it is a demonstration role supporting a sales process lead and facilitated by our experienced Sales & Marketing Director)
2.1 Conduct workshop(s) to identify customers’ required business management processes, drawing out painpoints with existing system(s) and improvement opportunities
2.2 Document system implementation proposals as Business Requirements Documents
2.3 In cooperation with Programme Manager/CIO, propose, communicate and agree project plans with colleagues and customers and other key stakeholders for system implementations 2.4 Implement NetSuite and/or our applications, including arranging client site meetings, conducting and contributing to meetings, agreeing roles, responsibilities and priorities, scheduling work, configuring software applications to meet specifications in a BRD, manage Change Orders, liaise with the Programme Manager/development team when customisations are required, transfer data, train, commission and ensure satisfactory user acceptance testing leading to go-live and project sign-off
2.5 Provide regular reports to management of project progress against budgets, timescales and customer expectations
2.6 Provide support to system users via telephone, email, remote screen-sharing and at customer sites
2.7 Prepare training and help manuals
2.8 Prepare support material
2.9 Maintain good working relationships with customers through the customer lifecycle
• Competence with using the core financial elements of the NetSuite software environment (the salary range for this post is wide and will depend on the successful individual’s experience) • Competence with standard business accounting practices sufficient to liaise with Customers’ CEOs and FDs
• Minimum 5 years’ experience operating in a business environment
• Minimum 3 years’ experience using business management software
• “Significant involvement” in the implementation of a minimum of 3 NetSuite instances
• If UK based, a full UK driving licence with no more than 3 points.
• Achieved a recognised RQF Level 4 or equivalent accounting or bookkeeping or HR management or related qualification
• NetSuite Certified Administrator/ERP Consultant
• Achieved a recognised change management or project management qualification
• Experience implementing advanced NetSuite modules: NetSuite OneWorld; NetSuite Advanced Revenue Management; NetSuite CRM; NetSuite Projects; NetSuite Manufacturing etc.
• 2 years’ experience of leading projects from start to finish
Experience of (or an ambition to gain experience of) international accounting practices.
Personal skills and style
The role requires someone who
1. Is a strong moral character demonstrating honesty, integrity, loyalty to the organisation and has a sense of community responsibility
2. Leads by personal example in setting a positive, respectful and encouraging atmosphere
3. Possesses a good grasp of spoken and written English with the ability to present written information well
4. Is confident relating to people at all levels within organisations up to and including C-level executives, is an excellent communicator who is able to impart accounting and IT knowledge to system users at all levels of IT skill and is patient and understanding with slower learners.
5. Understands how business operates and is comfortable in a fast paced/dynamic environment where priorities can change
6. Is a hard worker who can balance multiple tasks and priorities including understanding those of team members and other colleagues
7. Is organised, practical and diligent, is an intelligent and open-minded problem solver who approaches things in a methodical, analytical way and possesses a critical eye for detail
8. Is resilient when under pressure, is able to stick to the plan even when monotonous and who recognises the importance of deadlines and achieves them
9. Is a team player who is keen to learn, accepting direction and constructive criticism, who knows their limitations and is able to ask for and offer help.
Practical arrangements and benefits
• Location of Work: The successful candidate’s home location will determine the location of work. Most staff living locally to head office (Cheltenham), work Mondays and Thursdays at the office and the rest of the week from home. For those further away the frequency of visits is reduced, with some permanently home-working. Work location will be negotiated at interview. Visits to Client sites in the UK and sometimes overseas may be required when travelling expenses will be paid. (All the above are reviewed regularly in accordance with government guidance and safety of personnel during the Coronavirus pandemic with full time home working when appropriate)
• Expenses will be refunded in accordance with Expenses Policy
• Holidays: 31 days including English public holidays, rising by one additional day each year in year three and in subsequent years of continuous employment up to a maximum of 36 days including public holidays
• Sick Pay: During probation: SSP. Post induction (post first six months), up to one week’s full pay and one week’s half pay in any calendar year
• Pension: Automatically enrolls eligible employees who are UK residents into a pension scheme approved by The Pensions Regulator as required by law
• Personal Health insurance for employees who are UK residents: a contribution post induction
• A subsidised on-site canteen and restaurant at UK offices
• Free on-site parking at UK offices worth £750 per year
Hours Per Week: 37.5 hrs per week normally Monday to Friday
Salary: £38,000 – £58,000 depending on experience
If you have any questions about Ex Forces Jobs Network, or would like to know more, please contact us .