Health, Safety & Environment (Mining, Resources & Energy)
In partnership with our leading Global Geohazards Technology client, WorkPac is currently seeking an experienced SHES Advisor for a full time, permanent opportunity based within Newstead commencing immediately.
This position is an integral role providing guidance and advice on key Safety, Health, Environment and Security projects and systems across the business, building on the culture of Safety First training and overseeing the Safety Management System.
This role is an exciting opportunity to use your SHES experience within an global, expanding company that is changing the future of mining through digital and automated technologies. Be part of a team where culture is key, career development and training opportunities are available with the ability to grow and learn in a diverse, collaborative culture. You will have the opportunity to travel internationally twice per year as part of the role functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work safely, and with regards to the safety of others, including identification and elimination of hazards in the workplace;
• Contribute to the development and implementation of the SHES management system;
• Deliver advice to key stakeholders to manage health and safety queries on policy and process;
• Develop and present training for SHES system(s) and reporting, Group Standards, policies, and procedures;
• Participate in and support the global SHES audit and assurance activities;
• Interact proactively with counterparts in the Orica SHES team and the broader organisation;
• Participate in continuous improvement processes and SHES problem-solving activities across the global business;
• Support leaders to execute their SHES responsibilities and accountabilities;
• Participate in company SHES projects as required.
Skills and Experience:
• Certificate IV in Workplace Health and Safety a minimum;
• A minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar role in a mining or manufacturing environment;
• Rehab/Return to Work or Injury Management qualification with an Injury Management Background highly regarded
• Cert IV Trainer and Assessor an advantage;
• The ability to facilitate ICAM investigations & risk assessments;
Click on the Apply button or for a confidential discussion please contact:
WorkPac Recruitment Co-ordinator: Mikaela Hammermeister on (07) 4602 0154 quoting the above reference number.
WorkPac is Australia’s leading, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, light industrial and healthcare sectors. We are proud to partner with some of the country’s leading companies to deliver rewarding permanent, contract, temporary and traineeship recruitment opportunities.
At WorkPac, we recognise we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
Report this job advert
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs.
What can I earn as a Health Safety and Environment Adviser?
Find out the average salary for a Health Safety and Environment Adviser across Australia