About the Company
An international Renewable Energy development company specializing in
utility-scale solar PV and Battery projects. The company’s work covers all aspects of development including site acquisition, planning approvals and grid connections, construction management and long-term asset management.
The company has a pipeline of projects in Victoria with the first projects expected to commence construction Q1 2023, and then projects nationally in late 2023 and early 2024.
We are seeking a Victoria-based Construction Manager to support projects of medium to large size and complexity. It is an excellent opportunity for a creative and enthusiastic person to join a team of project developers and engineers to assist in the site acquisition, grid connection and planning applications and community consultation of solar farm and BESS projects in Victoria and NSW. This is an amazing opportunity to learn the entire development process working in all aspects of development.
Working with the company’s Development, Commercial and Construction Team you will be responsible for leading the tender process and EPC selection, detailed design and procurement.
Responsibilities will include:
● Manage the development of tender documentation and bid process with EPC’s
● Lead the project management of the first tranche of projects
● Cross-functional co-ordination with – Engineering, site management, Supply Chain, Logistics and Quality
● Ensure correct supervisory levels, construction cost, schedule and change management
● Ensure that stakeholders are actively engaged and that beneficial relationships between the project and the client, subcontractors, community and other external parties are developed and maintained
● Ensure that HSE requirements and risk controls are considered in all construction planning and processes Construction Manager
● Maintain a disciplined focus on margin enhancement and profitability in the delivery of the project/ business
● Create construction plans and documentation with support from the broader team
● Create and review construction schedule. Incorporate information from system design and engineering, external contractors, supply chain and project management. Critical path management
● Daily construction plan and work orders planning for projects
● Monitor and oversee civil, structural, mechanical and electrical work at the project site to ensure it meets contractual obligation
● Review all contractors QA plans & procedures and bring all plans into conformance with project requirements
● Build and lead a project team within BNRG Leeson for the first tranche and future tranches of projects
● Travel throughout regional Victoria is expected as the role requires
Qualifications and Experience
● Motivated, positive personality willing to work with an incredible and capable team to deliver amazing outcomes for all stakeholders.
● Possessing excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to deliver weekly reports to partners and management.
● Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Building Construction
● Diploma of Project Management
● Proven experience gained on solar farm construction, engineering or associated projects
● Contemporary practices in construction methodology
● Contractual, legal, commercial, industrial relations and legislative compliance
● Advanced financial management including cost reduction and meeting budgets
● Quantitative and qualitative safety, environment and quality risk assessment
Report this job advert
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs.
Find out how your salary compares with the average salary for Construction Managers.