About the Role
Base Location: Fasnakyle Power Station, Cannich
Salary: £30,272 - £35,194 depending on skills and experience + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time
The multi-disciplined team in the Affric Beauly section are responsible for the day to day operation, maintenance, and repair of our Hydro Generation plant to ensure it is kept in a safe and efficient state. As an important member of the operations and maintenance team you will perform a key role in the safe operation and maintenance of the Hydro Generation assets.
Some of your main accountabilities will include;
- Carrying out Electrical maintenance activities but also mechanical & civil maintenance activities within your competence.
- Liaising with other maintenance personnel in day to day defect rectification, repair work and designated project work.
- Carrying out routine inspections and checks to ensure our equipment and fixed plant is kept to a high standard of operational effectiveness.
- Conducting risk assessments, plus environmental and safety inspections.
You will also receive training to operate fixed generation plant.
What do I need?
To be successful in this role, we would love you to have;
- A mechanical or multi skilled craftsperson background with previous experience of working on heavy rotating machinery.
- A minimum qualification of NVQ Level 3 / City and Guilds or equivalent craft apprenticeship certificates.
- A practical and flexible approach with the ability to work as part of a team and on your own initiative.
- Outstanding communicating skills, enabling you to effectively interact with the public and people at all levels of the business.
- Excellent computer literacy skills, as you'll be required to become proficient in using our maintenance scheduling and reporting software, along with other applications, for which training will be given.
Due to the nature of the role you may, from time to time, be required to work outside in all weather conditions and it may be necessary to carry out work out of normal working hours when required.
A full driving licence is essential, and a first aid qualification would be advantageous.
Applicants should ideally reside or be prepared to relocate to within 30 miles of Cannich.
About our Business
SSE Renewables is a leading developer and operator of renewable energy, with growth ambitions to treble our renewable energy output by 2030. We drive new growth by identifying, developing, building and operating high quality assets across the UK, Ireland and internationally. As our ambitions and projects grow, so do our teams, meaning we can offer a great selection of opportunities, training and development to support your career.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Pamela on 01738 342002.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.