Queensland Treasury (Organisation site )
Qld Govt Insurance Fund (QGIF); Economics and Fiscal; Brisbane
QGIF have a role available for a Operations Coordinator. This role will be responsible for providing operational and corporate support, advice and coordination services to the QGIF leadership team and across all of QGIF. QGIF is looking for someone with demonstrated admin and finance experience and will have strong inter-personal skills. Relevant tertiary qualifications and in-depth knowledge of Government administration and finance processes are highly desirable.
The Queensland Government Insurance Fund (QGIF) is an internal Queensland Treasury managed fund established on 1 July 2001 to oversee the State Government's self-insurance scheme. It operates like a self-insurance scheme and its structure is similar to that of a commercial insurance operation. QGIF's core functions are to provide insurance protection to the State, through premium setting, advice and claims management. QGIF has an Operations Coordinator position available which will be responsible for providing operational and corporate support, advice and coordination services to the QGIF leadership team and across all of QGIF. This role will also be required to liaise internally with other areas within Queensland Treasury and external agencies from time to time ensuring that QGIF's business objectives are met.
This role reports directly to the Director QGIF Operations and works collaboratively with officers across the broader office and Treasury.
• Provide high level support, advice and information to the QGIF Leadership team on corporate and operational matters to assist in effectively managing the QGIF group.
• Deliver, co-ordinate and provide advice across QGIF in relation to the day to day human resources, business operations, asset management, information management and technology and facilities management activities for QGIF.
• Undertake projects, research and analysis relating to the operations of QGIF and maintain a knowledge of current and emerging issues impacting on QGIF to support executive decision making.
• Establish, enhance and manage key relationships and communication with internal and external stakeholders.
• Provide high level support to the QGIF Leadership Group with the coordination and timely preparation of operational reporting and analysis of programs, initiatives and reports impacting on business operations and insurance services.
• Maintain the online suite of business process documentation across QGIF including:
- business modelling across multiple business functions
- ensuring that processes are correct and up-to-date and
- responding to requirements for business process change
• Lead and develop a broad range of high-quality communication products including QGIF website update and maintenance, factsheets, QGIF newsletter, Assistant Under-Treasurer monthly reports, Stakeholder engagement activities and other content
• Undertake and implement business process improvement initiatives and participate in the design and implementation of the business change program. • Prepare monthly financial management reports on a regular basis, ensuring the integrity and accuracy of financial data included in the reports.
• Review financial procedures to ensure internal controls are operating effectively and within their delegations.
• Participate in budget development, review and reporting processes and the update and maintenance of QFIF delegations
• Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement
• Taking ownership of your own performance and ongoing development
• Other duties as directed by the Director QGIF Operations
Applications to remain current for 12 months.
We are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote human rights and diversity .
Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.
Please use * for wildcard searches.
Hold down the control (Ctrl) button and use your computer mouse to select multiple options(View Location Map )
Hold down the control (Ctrl) button and use your computer mouse to select multiple options
Salary (yearly) Leave blank if you are searching for casual jobs
Total Remuneration Only used for Senior Medical or Executive positions
We are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote human rights and diversity , including making any reasonable adjustments to support you through the recruitment process.