- Our Vision Supporting people with spinal cord injury to live their best life!
- Our Purpose Lead the way with services and supports towards a brighter, positive future for our community.
- We Invest in you to create meaningful change in the community!
Who are we?... Forward Ability Support is a not-for-profit organisation focused in giving people living with spinal cord injury every opportunity to live life on their terms.
Want to see more?... Check out the Every Day Matters News hub through our website!
You can Read Stories about people in the community and learn about our Team.
Who are we looking for?.. At Forward Ability Support we are looking for an attentive and detail-oriented Accounts Payable Officer to join our expanding finance team.
This position is a Permanent Full-time opportunity.
What will a day in the life of the Accounts Payable Team Leader look like?
As the Accounts Payable Team Leader you will manage processes and systems to ensure that the organisation’s creditors receive timely and accurate payments in accordance with company processes and workflows.
You will Implement the organisation’s strategic initiatives to use best practice accounts payable processes and supporting team members when required. You will ensure appropriate reports are available and professional responses are provided to queries from external and internal stakeholders.
You will complete key responsibilities such as:
- Distribute incoming external and internal invoices to relevant cost centre managers for coding and authorizing for payments;
- Maintain Creditors Ledger/ Master File for existing suppliers and creating Master Files for new suppliers;
- Process supplier invoices daily;
- Process supplier rebate invoices when received on a timely basis;
- Process weekly EFT (and cheques where required) payment runs for supplier payments;
- Distribute monthly corporate credit card statements to card holders and process approved expenses into the general ledger;
- Review Creditors Aged Trial Balance on a monthly basis to ensure all accounts are reconciled to supplier statements and that suppliers are paid in accordance with their credit terms;
- Review and complete Month End Tasks as required and assist as/if needed;
- Assist in any other Finance and administration tasks as required;
- Coaching and mentoring of finance team members.
- Involvement in the ERP implementation project to support Accounts Payable;
- Ongoing process review and improvements;
- Documentation AP instructions.
We Invest in you!...What can we offer you?
- Work life balance - Hybrid working from home and the office;
- Recognition and rewards based on performance;
- Excellent career and learning opportunities to upskill you and support your professional growth;
- Positive, friendly, supportive, and welcoming workplace with regular wellbeing events;
- Receive 2 days Forward Leave per calendar year!
- NFP Salary packaging option to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free meaning more take-home pay!
What will you need to join us?
- Sound written and oral communication, analysis and problem solving skills;
- Numerate, with attention to detail;
- Sound Computer skills including intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel.
- NDIS Worker Screening Check or willing to obtain one.
Desirable but not essential
- Diploma of Accounting or Accounting Degree;
- Previous experience using Exact / SAP ERP systems;
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role.
Is this the opportunity you’ve been looking for?... APPLY NOW!
Forward Ability Support is an EEO Employer and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Successful applicants will be required to consent to a pre-employment health assessment, reference checks and an NDIS Worker Screening check.
For more information, please call us on (02) 8741 5620.