The Country Road Group Payroll team are going through an exciting transformation journey, as part of this, we are looking for an experienced Payroll Systems Lead to join the team.
In this newly created role you will Lead the Payroll Systems stream to ensure the integrity of the payroll system, ensuring that all data transfer into and out of the payroll system is accurate and timely. You will Lead the configuration of the payroll systems, driving integrity and accuracy and Lead continuous improvement process, supporting the delivery of outstanding experiences to our 7,000 + employees and countless customers alike.
Based in Burnley, with a hybrid mix of time in the office and from home, this will suit a Payroll leader who is passionate about delivering outstanding people experiences for an iconic Australian retailing group.
- Project Manage and implement continuous improvement programs
- Develop and implement enhancements and automation to HR administration processes, data integrity, workforce profile management and record management
- Analyse and produce proposals for changes to business processes, based on consideration of operational and system issues, with recommendations on strategies for addressing the issues, following consultation with users and other stakeholders
- Maintain a relationship between payroll systems and other departments ( Finance, IT, HR, T&A and Rostering) working collaboratively with all key stakeholders
- Lead regular work in progress meetings with Vendor(s)
- Facilitate the analyses of vendor cost and cost improvement opportunities, monitoring monthly spending patterns and identifying exceptions and areas for potential improvement
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Ability to think logically, working through and in line with process
- Experience in proposing and explaining solutions for solving complex issues
- Ability to translate technical functionality into understandable language for all stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills
- A high degree of initiative and willingness to accept responsibility
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal, with a strong customer focus
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Sound understanding of Project Management Methodology
- Knowledge of HR processes, Legislative and Legal obligations
- PayGlobal and/or Empower payroll systems highly regarded but not essential
Why work for us?
- A competitive remuneration package, including annual performance incentives
- Be a part of a team led by some of Australia’s highly recognised and innovative digital leaders
- Generous employee discounts across David Jones and Country Road Group brands
- An additional day of leave for your birthday
- Hybrid working arrangements in office and from home that provide appropriate work/life balance
- Seasonal clothing allowance across the Country Road Group portfolio of brands
- Opportunities to support community partnerships across our Corporate Social Responsibility program
- Be a member of a company committed to sustainable practices
- Ongoing training and development to pursue individual ambitions
David Jones and the Country Road Group is Australasia’s largest department store and fashion retail group comprising of iconic brands such as David Jones, Country Road, POLITIX, Trenery, Witchery and MIMCO. Part of Woolworths Holdings Limited (South Africa) our values include being Customer Obsessed, Collaborative, Inspirational, Responsible and Dedicated to Quality.
David Jones & Country Road Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process
Country Road Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Country Road Group prefers to manage all sourcing directly, please submit your applications to this role if you are interested. Please note introductions via agency will not be accepted.