Our client is a large commodity-driven logistics and supply chain company, with roots in WA and a network that runs Australia-wide.
You'll join over 1,000 other employees as part of a mature organisation with embedded values and a clear vision for ongoing commercial success.
The technology team is well established - encompassing infrastructure, applications, products, planning, networking, DBA's and more - and the data function is a well respected and well utilised part of their technology service delivery model.
Reporting to the Head of Data & Analytics you will utilise an end-to-end Microsoft stack (mix of on-prem and cloud technologies), to contribute to strategic projects and fulfil BAU requirements. General responsibilities are below for reference:
- Provide technical leadership and direction in the design and delivery of, and analysis of data
- Design and lead the implementation of data flows to connect operational systems, data for analytics and BI systems
- Lead work on database management
- Design, build and test complex and/or large-scale data products
- Lead the build of data streaming systems
- Build data pipelines, transform, cleanse, and model the data, create reports.
- Optimise the code to ensure processes perform optimally
- Recognise opportunities to re-use existing data flows
- Identify potential areas for delivering better value to external customers
- Builds teams to complete data integration services
- Work closely with ops and engineering for robotic programming and computer aided design
- Regularly update stakeholders with relevant project status information
- Manage costs relating to technical aspects of assigned work, communicate these costs to appropriate stakeholders
To be considered for and successful in this role, you will arrive with the following technical competencies:
- Solid experience working with Azure
- Competency across the Microsoft stack
- Strong development background
- The ability to work across structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data, extracting information and identifying linkages across disparate data sets
- An understanding of how data modelling works, and the ability to produce relevant data models across multiple subject areas
- Data warehousing experience, building operational ETL data pipelines across a number of sources, and constructing relational and dimensional data models
As a person we'd love you to:
- Be super passionate about data, and data engineering and analytics specifically
- Enjoy continuous improvement and apply this approach to your work and your personal / professional development
- Thrive in fast-paced environments and when given freedom to be creative and work to your strengths
- Consider yourself a bit of a 'data generalist' in terms of your skills and experience
- Be degree qualified, ideally in a STEM field