Ongoing development opportunities Working from home flexibility
About Our Client
The client is a large organisation operating within the Victorian Public Sector with a focus on developing partnerships and working with the community for the betterment of all Victorians.
Job Description Interpret and translate organisational strategy into meaningful plans and objectives Manage the provision of quality and timely outputs against branch responsibilities. Identifying and actively managing emerging issues and risks for stakeholders within the organisation. Ensuring the organisation operates in accordance with the responsibilities and obligations outlined in the Financial Management Act 1994 and standing directions under the Act. Be a key contact point for relevant stakeholders and provide a strong focus on customer service both internally and externally. Lead and contribute to strategic financial operations, through the development of business plans and service delivery options to support the successful implementation of financial reforms. Oversee and guide the provision of authoritative strategic advice and direction to clients and management on a range of corporate financial management services, including analysis, interpretation and recommendations on budget management, forward financial planning and prioritisation of funds, financial compliance and performance, trends and emerging issues. Lead the development, implementation and monitoring of effective financial services initiatives which support key program delivery in accordance with appropriate accounting standards and frameworks, including government reporting requirements, policies and financial systems. Oversee and review the preparation of technical reports at advanced professional level to support the accounting, financial and administrative obligations of the organisation, maintaining clear and concise high-level briefs including performance, policies and procedures across general ledger, accounts payable and receivable, assets and purchasing to inform decision making processes.
The Successful Applicant
1. Significant experience in effective people management and modelling behaviours in a large scale finance environment.
2. Significant expertise in the delivery of quality business outcomes which are consistent with the strategic direction of the organisation. Sets clearly defined objectives and priorities and operates accordingly, reviewing and adjusting as required.
3. Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, including a proven ability to critically analyse emerging trends, issues and risks, public policy and prepare and review complex reports on complex financial matters for decision making purposes.
4. Comprehensive knowledge of governance and administrative arrangements associated with General Government processes.
5. Extensive exposure to current financial systems and practices.
6. Formulates and communicates public policy options and recommendations; keeps up-to-date with a broad range of contemporary issues; scans for links and potential implications of proposed policy options; liaises with stakeholders.
7. Proven ability to monitor client and stakeholder satisfaction, and constructively manage stakeholder issues to ensure positive outcomes for the stakeholder and the Region/Department/Command.
8. A proven record of ethical behaviour
What's on Offer Working from home flexibility Competitive remuneration package Ongoing development opportunities Potential contract extension/permanency
ContactLachlan BellQuote job refJN-072022-5685870Phone number+61 3 8616 6230