The job holder will develop face to face customer partnerships with our key account customers and new prospects, building trust and a mutually beneficial commercial relationship.
This is a prestigious sales position where the priority is to secure new and renewal business -identifying new commercial opportunities through the comprehensive presentation of our clients product portfolio. It is expected that the job holder will provide an unrivalled customer experience. This will involve identifying all the decision makers, arranging customer meetings in Teams, delivering product demonstrations and outlining the benefits of each product and service offered by our client - in effect becoming a trusted advisor to our most valued customers and giving a stand out sales experience to our prospects. The job holder should also identify the influencers and users of the products and ensure the customer is maximising their subscription through full use of the services they subscribe to.
The Sales team comprises four Account Managers each working from home, in dedicated and fully equipped offices. With a expectation to meet at our clients premise based in Cumbria 1-2 days a month.
Targets: detailed new and renewal targets for each individual product/service will be provided by the commercial lead and will centre on maintaining high customer retention and increasing customer’s lifetime value by selling new product and services into existing customers. New Targets can also be fulfilled by dealing with inbound opportunities and demonstrations as well as self-generated opportunities from events, Linked In and calling.
Meetings / Demos: approximately ten to twelve meetings per week is the expected activity, with additional time allocated for making telephone calls, securing appointments, working on meeting follow up, and issuing appropriate correspondence.
Sales leads: will come from a mix of marketing provided opportunities, existing customer interactions, inbound enquiries, self sourced from Linked in, and events.
- To act as an ambassador for our client ensuring a positive and professional image is projected at all times so effective customer relationships are built and maintained - this is especially important when considering the visual engagement with customers and prospects via Teams.
- Secure new sales and maximise renewal opportunities from our customers across the product portfolio in line with issued sales targets.
- Identify and influence all the key decision makers for each customer and ensure a wide awareness of our client’s capabilities throughout the account.
- Identify, influence and communicate with other influencers and users within our Key Account customers.
- Secure own meetings and demonstrations
- Plan and prepare thoroughly before each appointment.
- Develop and implement a thorough question and answer session at each appointment and utilising all information shared develop a solution selling approach that adds value to the business relationship.
- Achieve exceptional high levels of customer engagement which should ultimately result in an increase in sales revenue and customer lifetime values.
- To understand our customers, their business needs, the market and the competition.
- To understand and promote the benefits of all the products. This could include product demonstrations, sharing supporting materials, offering guidance, inviting other experts within the field to attend meetings, and ensuring the customer is maximising their subscription through full use of the services they subscribe to.
- Prioritise day to day activities and ensure activities are aligned to the company strategy and KPI’s.
- To work with customers to develop effective two-way relationships designed to promote our clients’ solutions as a trusted advisor.
- Assist with the training of new team members and ensure knowledge is shared with other customer facing teams.
- Attend relevant events and conferences organised by our client or other organisations, and provide a professional service including set up, information gathering, software demonstrations and group presentations
- Demonstrable experience of face to face and phone based customer management, with skills in providing an excellent customer experience and building rapport in a business to business environment
- Sales environment, performing against, and surpassing, monthly/quarterly and annual targets.
- Ability to communicate complex issues in a simple and concise fashion
- Confident in the use of Microsoft applications.
Starting Salary of £30k, Excellent bonus plus opportunity to earn upwards of £40k uncapped, existing team have all hit YTD targets. Package includes private medical insurance - can join on first day of employment (BUPA) death benefit, pension (employee 4% and employer 5%) In addition
- Flexible/Hybrid Working/Home Working
- Holiday entitlement - 26 days + 8 Bank Holidays (increases with service)
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme - You can buy extra 5 days holiday a year if needed
- Summer Hours - every other Friday off during summer months or every Friday afternoon
- Dental and Optical Cover
- Group Income Protection Scheme (after 24 months service)
- Full Company Sick Pay for six months (after 6 months service)
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity Pay - length of service related