The Sales Assistant role will be responsible for co-ordinating the implementation of the sales and event strategy. They will proactively sell and develop innovative and profitable revenue streams. This will involve developing new initiatives that serve to optimise business assets as well as extending the business into new and lucrative areas of revenue generation. The Event Sales Assistant role will also involve agency and 3rd party supplier co-ordination. This role is dealing with Corporate Screenings.
- Establish new business and build strong relationships to grow the B2B business through direct corporate client and agency business whilst developing and maintaining strong relationships
- Respond to all inbound corporate sales leads and proactively seek out new opportunities
- Carry out accurate team reporting, including activity reports, confirmed, forecast and pipeline sales.
- Attend face to face sales viewings within the cinema with prospect clients to discuss the product benefits to secure new business
- Make accurate cost calculations and provide clients with written quotations
- Up sell catering, equipment and retail requirements to maximise the value of individual deals at all times
- Negotiate discounts on price, delivery and event specifications along with the Event Manager; agreement terms, finalising total client costs and closing sales
- Work closely with the Sales Co-ordinator to ensure accurate event information and costs are transferred to the client's contract before client signature within the agreed timeframe
- Attend selected trade shows, as necessary, to increase the potential customer base and improve conversion rates.
- Build and maintain effective communication processes with marketing and sales colleagues, film booking, other internal departments, external agencies and all business-business customers
- A proven track record of successful sales and lead-conversion is required
- Experience of out-bound sales is an advantage
- Commercial and business acumen with excellent negotiation skills and an ability to drive sales and grow profitability.
- Strong organisational skills, excellent time-management skills and attention to detail will be crucial
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, listening and influencing skills and a high level of credibility
- Experience of working within a team
- A knowledge of film is desirable but an interest in film and the cinema going experience is essential as is the ability to use this knowledge to maximise box office gross profit
- Be able to offer alternative solutions and options to clients
- Unlimited free cinema tickets for you, and 12 friends and family tickets every three months
- 40% discount on our food and drinks, including our in-cinema Costa Coffee stores
- Free access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme - an online platform that offers advice and support on topics including finance, health, and mental wellbeing
- The opportunity to gain professional qualifications through our Brights Lights Apprenticeship scheme
- Fantastic career development opportunities across our cinemas and support offices
- Monthly rewards and recognition schemes
- Pension scheme
- Bonus scheme