$7,500 Sign On Bonus!
Join our Pediatric Interventional Radiology/Procedural Sedation team!
SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital is a not-for-profit, 195-bed inpatient and outpatient children’s hospital, located in St. Louis, MO. We care for children of all ages, from the St. Louis surrounding area, Illinois and across the country. With more than 200 specialists in more than 60 medical and surgical subspecialties, (including neonatology, cardiology, fetal surgery and cancer care), our physicians, surgeons and nurses are regarded as some of the leading pediatric experts in the country.
SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital has been designated a Magnet® Hospital by ANCC.Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Cares for patients with life threatening, medically complex critical illness or diagnosis.
- Delivers highly skilled care with use of technology and complex interventions.
- Initiates measures for emergency treatment of patients including infant resuscitation and advanced life support procedures.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and scientific knowledge in health care to nursing practice, ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on patient’s age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the department's Scope of Service.
- As an SSM Health nurse, I will demonstrate the professional nursing standards defined in the professional practice model. Uses the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her response to the current and evolving health and nursing needs of our patients and our patient populations.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Six months' registered nurse experience
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.