Are you an experienced Mechanic looking to move off the floor? A Service Advisor looking to make the next step? Or a Service Manager wanting to make a move to a company that allows you to make the decisions needed to grow your business? Betts Truck Parts and Service has a wonderful job opening in our Fresno Branch. Our Service Manager leads the team and manages the technicians with a hands-on approach to maintenance, repair, and inspections of the vehicles. Schedules work and respond to emergency-related needs in an efficient and effective manner. Administers and coordinates the necessary planning, organization, direction, and control of shop resources to meet the operational goals of the company.
Betts is a family-owned company in business for over 150 years. We currently operate 8 locations on the west coast and offer competitive compensation packages, benefits, vacation time, and paid holidays. Our Fresno store is open Monday through Friday 7:30 am - 5 pm.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Embraces The Betts Way framework and leads by example
- Frequent interaction and collaboration with other functional areas and business units to ensure company Top Level Metrics (TLM) are achieved
- Determines need for repairs by road test, use of mechanical testing devices, questioning customer about vehicle's performance, or visual inspection of the vehicle. Must be able to explain the repair procedures and the reasons for the repairs to the customers, gaining trust that the job will be done competently and correctly.
- Identify parts needed, and prepares itemized estimates listing costs of parts and labor.
- Directs shop employees on repairs and all shop functions including cleanliness, safety, training, and other personnel issues.
- Makes shop purchases within guidelines.
- Responsible for Quality Control for all outgoing service work.
- Responsible for the complete maintenance of company vehicles.
- Makes fleet calls with the salesmen
- Assists the Parts Department occasionally when needed.
- Directly supervises employees in the Service Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, employee training, shop scheduling, assigning work, evaluating performance, and rewarding / disciplining employees.
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems associated with the Service Team.
- 2 + years of related experience in the heavy-duty industry
- Valid Driver's license required
- Multitask and have excellent time management skills
- Mentor junior employees and lead a team
- Show excitement for growing the business and acquiring new customers
- Analyze financial records, plan and follow a budget
- Show creative problem-solving
- Analyze financial records
- Focus on customer service and lead by example
- Show strong attention to detail