Specialist, Financial Planning & Analysis (Japanese Speaker)
• We provide an excellent learning environment & great career opportunity
• Join us and be part of our Finance team in Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
• Career development is our priority where we ensure that our team is equipped with right amount of learning and trainings.
Our Finance team brings together our financial perspectives into our overall strategic and tactical decision making. We use state-of-the-art techniques for financial analysis, planning, accounting, reporting and performance evaluation. This allows the organization to continue advancing medical innovation and improve lives.
Our company Business Service Centre located across three regions (Americas, Europe, and Asia), are responsible for the timely and efficient delivery of standardized, global financial processes. BSC KL located in Malaysia will be responsible for the execution and delivery of a broad range of financial services and processes across our company business divisions and markets for the AP region.
The FP&A Specialist role is responsible for contributing to financial planning and reporting activities delivered from the BSC – JCAP to a specific set of markets / regions / divisions.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
• Working with the commercial markets / support functions to develop the budgets / forecasts.
• Support Actual reporting and to prepare standard reporting packages for the business and finance management.
• Support market, region, division finance and business by providing analysis and reporting services.
• Develop, enhance, and maintain relationships with finance and business customers
• Provide support to finance / budget owners and commercial leaders
• Primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Support the achievement of finance and business objectives by providing high quality FP&A support as defined in BSC scope of services to assigned divisional, regional & local finance clients
• Work collaboratively with business and finance partners to provide planning and reporting services for assigned markets / divisions
• Participate in certain budgeting and forecasting processes in collaboration with respective finance clients in markets and regions
• Prepare ad-hoc reports & analysis using company financial reporting tools and enterprise systems
• Embrace and Enhance budgeting and forecasting processes through continuous improvement efforts
• Contribute to our ongoing efficiency and continuous improvement initiatives
• Be accountable for accuracy and achieve required accuracy on all defined KPIs and SLA’s
• Maintain consistent and efficient processes to maintain and produce standardized FP&A services while ensuring compliance will all quality and control requirements
• Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values and standards of ethics and integrity
• Bring a high level of energy and desire to contribute to the creation of a high performing FP&A team
• Support Global and Regional initiatives.
WHAT YOU MUST HAVE
• Masters or bachelor’s degree in business administration (Accounting or Finance)
• Minimum 2 years of experience in Financial Planning and Analysis and 2 years in current position supporting financial planning and analyses, forecasting, and management reporting and analytics
• Good FP&A planning, reporting and analytical skills
• Intermediate level with Business Applications and systems (Excel /Power BI / SAP / BPC)
• Working proficiency of US GAAP
• Business Level fluency (speak, read and write) in English and Japanese
• Adaptability to change, and positive mindset during change and ambiguity
• Professional experience at an organization with operations across multiple countries
• Experience with internal controls and process standardisation preferred
• FP&A support for Support functions and Sales and Marketing organizations
• Pharmaceutical / FMCG industry experience
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
• Be exposed to different market in region
• Work with a passionate and supportive FP&A Human Health Team
• Work within a company that truly takes pride on their purpose of “Patients first, Profits Later”
Our Support Functions deliver services and makes recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the experience of working at our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security
Who we are…
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for…
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us — and start making your impact today.
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace
Current Employees apply
Current Contingent Workers apply
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: