The purpose of J-U-B ENGINEERS, Inc. (J-U-B) is Helping Each Other Create Better Communities. We foster a teamwork environment to solve problems that improve society – while providing employees growth opportunities. We are hiring a CAD Designer/Drafter to work in our Reno, NV office.
Position Overview: We are seeking a CAD Designer/Drafter with an interest in a career path in CAD design to support a variety of civil engineering projects, primarily focusing on Civil Engineering including but not limited to public works projects, water infrastructure, and site development. The Drafter/Designer will work directly with Engineers, and other Drafters/Designers and Survey Teams throughout the company and will perform a variety of technical duties to assist in the preparation, review, and maintenance of civil engineering drawings utilizing CAD, planning, and organizational skills.
While applying technical knowledge and skills, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
· Work toward becoming an expert in CAD Design on multidisciplinary civil infrastructure projects.
· Work in a collaborative team environment.
· Utilize CAD software design skills and work in support of our design engineering team.
· Coordinate efforts with Engineers, EITs, drafters, designers, surveyors, and administrative staff members in the office.
· Maintain CAD standards for drawing development and contribute to innovation of CAD procedures
· Perform on-site reviews as necessary to gather project information to ensure accuracy of plans and measurements.
· Build your technical and team leadership skills through active coaching/mentoring and growth opportunities.
· Apply effective time management
· Support engineering research to document existing improvements, properties, rights-of-way, utilities, roadways, facilities, buildings, etc.Requirements:
Designer: 5 years of experience performing above or related duties and/or a 2-year degree in CADD Associate or Advanced Level Certificate.
Drafter: a 2-year degree in CADD Associate or Advanced Level Certificate with 3+ years of experience.
· Potential candidates with skills or proficiency in the following software platforms are urged to apply:
o AutoCAD Civil 3D
· Effective communication skills.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Salary Range: $23-$26 per hour/Determined by experience. J-U-B also offers a competitive benefit package including bonuses for qualified employees and the ability to work in a team-centered, collaborative, and supportive atmosphere. J-U-B is an employee-owned firm and offers ownership opportunities after qualified years of service.