Animal Hospital of Pitt County is located in beautiful, central North Carolina! We have the best of both worlds - lots of hiking nearby and we are not too far from the beach! We focus on maintaining a high level of professionalism with clients, good business practices, and the highest standard of veterinary medicine. We do as much as we can to help our clients with different options and levels of treatments by providing the best patient well-being, affordable options, and quality care. If you are self-motivated, open-minded, and dedicated to animal care, please apply today!
Southern Veterinary Partners is a veterinarian-owned and managed network of 300+ animal hospitals with the common goal of providing the highest quality veterinary care to companion animals with exceptional client experiences. Our team’s continuous dedication has rewarded us with remarkable growth, and Southern Veterinary Partners now employs more than 8,000 employees nationwide. The organization’s success has not gone unnoticed, landing us recognition as #19 on Newsweek’s “Most Loved Workplaces” list in 2022. Additionally, we have ranked among Inc. 5000’s List of "Fastest Growing Companies in America" (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022) and the Birmingham Business Journal's "FastTrack 30" of the Fastest Growing Companies in Birmingham (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021).
We are seeking a Credentialed Veterinary Technician to join our growing team and help ensure we are providing those great experiences. When you join our organization as a Veterinary Technician, you gain access to a peer network of over 5000 individuals, CE allowance, and Learning & Development programs to help you meet your career goals. Whether you are just now starting your journey as a Veterinary Technician or are looking to make a change, SVP provides you with the resources you need to have a rewarding, enjoyable, and balanced career.
- Patient examinations, auscultation of heart and lung sounds, determine normal/abnormal TPRs and QATS
- Professional client communication and education obtaining medical histories and symptoms
- Laboratory procedures including but not limited to: hematology, cytology, urinalysis, microbiology, blood chemistry, and fecals
- Diagnostic imaging and implementing safety protocols of fellow staff members
- Surgical assisting; preparing and maintaining the surgical environment in order to ensure an asepsis environment for both patient and personal safety.
- Anesthesia monitoring and endotracheal intubation
- Nursing skills including: restraining patients, administering medications PO/IV/SUBQ/IM, applying and maintaining bandages, providing high quality physical and psychological needs of the patient during any hospitalization stay or visit
- Proficient in dental prophylaxis
- Pharmacy and pharmacology knowledge including: preparing and dispensing medications, calculating dosages, recognizing adverse reactions, knowledge of regulations regarding the safe handling of biohazardous materials
- Veterinary Technician Certification or Licensure (CVT, RVT, LVT, or LVMT).
- Flexible schedule including some weekend and holiday shifts.
- Must possess strong communication skills, good judgment and be able to manage stressful situations.
Ready to help us WAG?
We live out our WAG Values on a daily basis, but don’t just take our word for it. Check out the video below to hear directly from some of our teammates on what our WAG Values mean to them.
Our team members enjoy an extensive, comprehensive benefits package. When you’re on our team, we’ve got you covered.
Pay range of $20.00-$25.00/hour based on experience.
YOUR HEALTH - COVERED.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Mental Health Counseling
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- Life & Accident Insurance
- Long & Short-term Disability Insurance
- Teledoc- FREE doctor access 24/7
YOUR FAMILY - COVERED.
- Caring for Elderly Family
- Returning to Work After a Baby
- Moving to a New Community
- Grieving for a Lost Loved One
- Military Family Matters
- Job Relocation
- Buying or Selling a Home
YOUR FINANCES - COVERED.
- Sign-on Bonuses
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Budgeting and Financial Guidance
- Teammate Referral Program
- Discounted Veterinary Care
- Retirement Planning
- Will and Testament Planning
- Tax Issues
- Identify Theft Recovery
- Legal Counseling
- Teammate Assistance Program
About Southern Veterinary Partners
SVP pursues partnerships with like-minded veterinarians to build this growing network of compassionate, service-oriented animal hospitals. We’re based in Birmingham, AL, but the heartbeat of our organization is in our 300+ local animal hospitals across the country.
Our team’s continuous dedication has rewarded us with remarkable growth, and Southern Veterinary Partners now employs more than 5,000 employees nationwide. The organization’s success has not gone unnoticed, landing us recognition among Inc. 5000’s List of "Fastest Growing Companies in America" (2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021), Birmingham Business Journal's "FastTrack 30" of the Fastest Growing Companies in Birmingham (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021), and Birmingham Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work” (2021).
You + SVP | Amazing Together
Let’s talk about your amazing future. Start the conversation with our teams today.