£32,500 up to £41,000 per annum - This isn’t day-to-day management. This is inspiring leadership.
Responsible for a huge range of machinery, fixtures and fittings in our Distribution Centre, our highly skilled maintenance team are always on the go.
As Assistant Team Manager, you'll be help lead a team of dedicated engineers and operatives by example. You'll communicate confidently with all kinds of people, plan schedules and produce reports. Together, you'll pull out all the stops to keep our equipment machinery and working environments in top condition, championing health and safety at all times.
What you'll do
- Manage a team of operatives and engineers
- Organise service schedules and reports for equipment in the RDC and stores
- Plan preventative maintenance schedules and oversee on-site contractors
- Champion good working practices to increase productivity and efficiency, while controlling costs
- Help the Maintenance Manager with management tasks and record keeping
- Keep the distribution centre in good working order, sorting issues efficiently
- Deputise for Maintenance Manager when necessary
What you'll need
- Relevant experience in a maintenance department
- Strong leadership skills to make decisions, inspire and communicate at all levels
- Great communication skills - in addition to managing your team, you'll work closely with both external and internal stakeholders
- Outstanding organisation and confident multi-tasking to prioritise deadlines
- Motivation, flexibility and plenty of initiative
What you'll receive
You'll be well rewarded as a key player in the Lidl team. As well as becoming part of a strong, fast-growing business, you'll get great training and real opportunities to build your career. On top of your competitive salary, you'll enjoy 30-35 days' holiday and a pension, and discounts on all Lidl products and on a range of holidays, days out, cinema tickets and more.
We’re proud to have a culture and salary structure that promotes both the equality of opportunity, and pay.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.