**Sign on Bonus**
Looking for a RN opportunity where patients come first and you are valued as a team member? This is a full time circulator position at our OKC location. As a Registered Nurse, you will be a vital member of the care team for our patients. At SSM Health, we know the healing power of presence begins with compassionate people like you.
Not ready to apply? Click here to fill out a quick interest form and a nurse recruiter will be in touch. https://www.applytracking.com/optin.aspx?c=JM%2bYYM49ORLDksM73Vp%2fnPXw7eTk%2fdBJUses the nursing process in care delivery and provides nursing leadership for other patient care personnel. Circulates independently on complex cases.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills in providing care for the perioperative patient by completing a comprehensive preoperative assessment, planning and implementing individualized nursing interventions and evaluating the effectiveness of care and modifying interventions as needed.
- Prioritizes multiple complex patient and physician needs to delegate and coordinate the care provided by the surgical team to maximize patient outcomes.
- Coordinates patient care assignments to personnel supervised, considering staff competencies, patient population, equipment used, patient condition, environmental factors, infection control, safety factors and availability of direct/indirect supervision.
- Communicates effectively with patients, staff and physicians to anticipate needs and develop and implement actions to be taken in response to complaints related to patient care processes.
- Maintains and enhances professional clinical skills by seeking out learning situations and remaining abreast of current advances in nursing techniques and technologies.
- Serves as a consultant to all personnel in area(s) of nursing expertise. Teaches and mentors other less-experienced RNs and technicians.
- Demonstrates advanced clinical judgment as evidenced by knowledge of complex nursing interventions required in multiple surgical specialty areas.
- Exhibits willingness to take on special projects and initiates actions that work to improve processes within the department.
- As an SSM Health nurse, I will demonstrate the professional nursing standards defined in the professional practice model.
- Uses the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her response to the current and evolving health and nursing needs of our patients and our patient populations.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Two years’ advanced surgical experience
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.