The Women’s Hospital is committed to recruiting and retaining top talent in a wide range of skills and occupations. We need exceptional people who share our passion for providing, family centered, high-quality care to fill clinical and non-clinical roles.
We are currently seeking a full-time Support Services Manager to join our team of professionals. This position will manage assigned activities of the Maintenance Department/Security Department/Environmental Services (Housekeeping) functions which are necessary in maintaining the physical structures, HVAC, mechanical, electrical systems, utilities, piping, grounds of the hospital in an operative and safe working condition.
This position is benefits eligible. Benefits include: tuition reimbursement, PTO accrual starting at hire (8.93 hrs PTO/pay), health, vision, dental, disability and life insurance, 401(k) with match, and much more!
WHY WORK FOR THE WOMEN’S HOSPITAL?
We offer a work environment that supports you personally and professionally, and a work culture where you are valued and appreciated. Examples include flexible work schedules for early risers, night owls, weekenders and everyone in between; an extensive benefits package with retirement savings, comprehensive health insurance and pet insurance; and the ability to “give back” by supporting programs and charities in our community.
WHAT IS REQUIRED FOR SUPPORT SERVICES MANAGER CANDIDATES?
- Four years additional schooling beyond high school with five years experience in facility maintenance; or 7 to 10 years related experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of office systems and a thorough background in engineering field, including maintenance, architecture, mechanical and electrical systems, and building maintenance.
- Requires knowledge of basic building and regulatory codes.
- Knowledge of building techniques, strengths of materials and standard construction terms.
- Must have knowledge of math, including algebra and geometry.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, sketches, photographs, drawings, charts and graphs.
- Requires the ability to estimate cost of projects and time required for completion.
- Must have knowledge of basic office skills, computers and software.
- Requires an ability to communicate ideas verbally and to properly communicate using written correspondence.
- Must be capable and willing to meet the public and work with all levels of people.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required to perform duties both inside and outside the hospital environment.
- Hospital or healthcare experience is preferred.
WHAT ARE THE SUPPORT SERVICES MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES?
Manage assigned activities of the Maintenance Department/Security Department/Environmental Services (Housekeeping) which are necessary in maintaining the physical structures, HVAC, mechanical, electrical systems, utilities, piping, grounds of the hospital in an operative and safe working condition.
Manage activities to protect the life and property of all persons of the Hospital premises, patrolling hospital buildings and ground to prevent fires, theft, and vandalism.
Responsible for staffing, scheduling, performance reviews, and training.
Performs as Environmental Safety Officer and Security Officer and will be responsible for Emergency Prep for The Women’s Hospital.
Oversight of Security, Maintenance and Environmental Services (Housekeeping) Departments.