Provide superior service and serve as the point of contact person for our clients and Account Managers.
- Provide excellent service to our clients by promptly responding to their inquiries and addressing their individual needs for the products and services that our agency provides.
- Secure applications from clients for all coverages, including price quotations and comparisons for the companies we represent.
- Request binder checks, tax documentation, group applications, identification cards, certificates of insurance and requests for proof of insurance.
- Manage all account transactions (including but not limited to) group and member paperwork, binders, cancellations and correspondence.
- Review policies for accuracy and completeness and update system in accordance with workflow procedures.
- Keep abreast of changes within the insurance industry as well as maintain a file on pertinent information received from insurance companies.
- Process transactions carefully paying attention to detail in a timely manner to minimize the potential for errors and omissions exposure.
- Process claims as applicable.
- Document in the system all conversations with clients and carriers pertaining to coverages and exposures.
- Maintain professional accreditation necessary to meet agency standards.
- Participate in continuing education programs when available.
- Build and maintain a favorable and professional work relationship with other staff members.
- Communicate with Supervisor/Manager any issues to ensure excellent customer service.
- Adhere to established employee manual policies and guidelines.
- Adhere to workflow procedures and follow guidelines to reduce the risk of E&O claims.
- Promptly report all E&O claims and potential E&O claims.
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of client, staff and agency information.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- College degree preferred, high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior experience in insurance lines of coverage, fundamental rating, underwriting and procedural skills.
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Experience with Vertafore a plus.
- Appropriate state insurance licenses and continuing education required.
- Works effectively and relates well with others including superiors, colleagues and individuals inside and outside the company in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- High level of organizational ability with attention to detail.