POSITION: We work where we play! Turning pursuit into passion, AOB delivers brands that move you because our success is measured by moments that matter.
WHO WE ARE:
We are passionate about the activities we pursue to the point that those around us cannot understand. As VISIONARIES, we lay at night under the stars, wondering if there are better views somewhere else, ready to take on the next adventure before the current one is even over. Reflecting from the top of mountains, we are left with pleasant exhaustion after an intense climb, FEARLESSLY planning the next one that will be a little more challenging.
We daydream about working the land in preparation for the next hunting season, continually finding ways to improve upon the previous year's results. We transition to RELENTLESSLY chasing that ever-elusive trophy that, even when faced with failure, somehow fuels the following year's daydreams.
We set out in pursuit, INQUISITIVE about the weather, geography, and what lies around the next corner or over the next horizon to find the ideal spot. Questioning our judgment, regardless of the day's success, we watch the sun go down, as our vessels head to shore, left believing tomorrow could be better.
We go to the range intent on improving our skills, for whatever our favored discipline may be, AMBITIOUS to become the most accurate and precise.
Regardless of the activity, the outdoors calls us in COLLABORATION, to share the moments that matter, in a way that delivers satisfaction through failures and success. A never-ending battle between us and our “hobbies” that always leaves us wanting….
We want applicants in pursuit of their passions, yet grounded by an industrious attitude to prevail. Yes, we daydream about the next adventure; however, we execute with the focus of lions stalking their prey. We are fearless with our goals and relentlessly raise the bar. We set our vision on the next opportunity but stay inquisitively, asking, "What could we have done better?" We collaborate, having a value in different perspectives and walks of life, then perform ambitiously to disrupt the market and set the trend.
Are you interested in changing the world? If so, join us!
Due to continued growth, we are looking to add a Compensation and Benefits Manager to our HR team. The Compensation & Benefits Manager will report to the VP, Chief People Officer and will manage the executive compensation, equity & incentive plans, benefits program design, vendor selection, benefit administration management, and cost management. This position provides strategic support of employee relations and HRIS Benefit Platform. The Comp & Benefits Manager plans, develops, implements new and revised compensation programs, policies, and procedures to align with the company’s goals and competitive practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and administer the organization’s benefit programs (Including health plans, 401(k), ESPP, bonus structure, life and disability.)
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement additional benefit enhancements and changes to ensure competitiveness.
- Manage our equity programs including ESPP, RSUs, and PSUs plans through E*Trade and work with accounting and legal for appropriate filings.
- Research and analyze market data including pay data, executive compensation, equity, and benefits.
- Lead, plan, and implement Open Enrollment, including communication, training, vendor updates, changes, HRIS configuration, and other related items.
- Complete the organization’s reporting and compliance of all health and welfare plans including all audits and legal filings.
- Partner with Accounting and Payroll on a variety of topics, including monthly billing reconciliation.
- Act as primary contact for plan vendors and employees for resolution of health and welfare plan questions or issues.
- Manage all HR System transactions for employee benefit enrollments and life event changes.
- Assist with other employee changes as needed.
- Support the annual performance and merit review process, including communicating the process, preparation of files for managers, and coordination of inputs.
- Analyze positions to determine scope of employee responsibilities, requirements, FLSA application, etc.
- Assist in the development of corporate pay structure and practice for US and coordinate similar structure with international sites.
- Participate in compensation/benefits surveys and analyze company’s competitive position.
- Ensure company compliance with federal and state laws governing both compensation and benefits practices.
- Drive process efficiencies; identifies process improvement opportunities and risks, and effectively documents processes and related control checks.
- Other duties as assigned to support the shifting business needs and priorities throughout the year.
NOTE: This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. The duties and responsibilities listed above may be changed or supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- CEBS, CCP and/or PHR/SPHR certification preferred
- Proven experience with Benefit administration
- Understanding of public company equity programs desired
- Knowledge of salary planning tools and methods, job evaluation techniques, and market salary trends; ability to design and implement salary programs
- Passion for the outdoor industry is preferred
Competencies & Skills:
- Must exhibit a strong dedication to the mission, vision, values, and goals of the company with the ability and desire to train and guide all employees toward the attainment of company goals in a team-oriented environment.
- Advanced quantitative skills, including expert level skills in Excel, data validation, reporting analysis and other analytical tools
- Superior project, time and budget management skills
- Ability to plan and strategize at an advanced level
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong at building partnerships, ability to work with leadership team
- Sense of urgency and results oriented
- Flexible, adaptable, intellectually curious
- Organized, attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to manage, train and mentor others.
- Ability to grasp issues quickly and prioritize appropriately.
- Experience with HRIS compensation and benefits configuration and ability to learn new technology.
- Team player with well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability of maintaining confidential and proprietary information, setting professional boundaries as needed.
- Self-directed and motivated.
- High integrity
- General office environment.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Some work is required in "off-hours" for business meetings/company events.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time in front of a computer.
- Visual and hearing acuity.
- NOTE: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions