This position provides support to patients of Mount Sinai Wellness Center throughout their treatment. The RA is responsible for daily observations of each assigned patient and the completion of all daily notes into the patients EMR. RAs help guide the patient in appropriate behaviors. They encourage patients to attend all groups, medical appointment, and clinical appointments. In addition to RA duties, the RA/Personal Trainer shall have responsibility of providing education to patients on the health benefits of physical fitness and the role that physical activity has in patient recovery. Education provided by the RA/Personal Trainer will include the creation of individual fitness programs instituted as part of each patients treatment plan, the proper use of fitness equipment and the development of post-discharge fitness goals. The RA/Personal Trainer shall also act as a primary agent of patient engagement strategies; monitoring patient satisfaction, identifying opportunities to improve patient experience and reduce instances of patients seeking to terminate treatment against medical advice
- Maintain complete hourly (or specialized) observation checks on a patient assigned to the RAs. Must ensure proper location number is recorded in the proper time slot.
- Responsible for completing EMR notes during the proper shift location. This should be completed in a clear and timely manner.
- RA will not be pulled from their assigned patient unless absolutely necessary.
- Ensure patients are acting appropriately and respectfully during groups and are not leaving groups for unexcused reasons. If a patient does leave, their name should be removed from the attendance sheet unless they have attended the majority of the group and/or had an appointment.
- Ensure patients are signing into group meetings and that group members are being monitored.
- Ensure copies of group sign in sheets are being made and given to the facilitator and the original being filed in the RA office.
- Complete daily room checks
- Room searches when requested by the Director of RA, medical or clinical staff, or any other safety reasons that should warrant suspicion
- Complete bag search upon new admit
- Review patient handbook and orient patient to the program
- Complete a daily room search for detox patients
- Responsible for processing intakes and discharges along with their paperwork
- Responsible for transporting patients to the hospital and staying with them
- Responsible for monitoring all residential and detox phone calls and recording these calls in the call logbook
- Responsible for stocking the supply closet
- Provide educational and support groups for patients
- Assist with the transport of patients to ER, outside appointments, and off-site activities
- Conduct individual and group training sessions with patients on the proper use of fitness equipment
- Assist patients in the creation of individualized fitness goals as part of their current treatment plan as well as post-discharge activity plans
- Maintain the cleanliness and upkeep of all facility physical fitness equipment, reporting any mechanical issues with fitness equipment to administration for repair.
- Participate in the creation of annual quality initiatives specific to the provision of physical fitness, sporting events, and gym services
- Assists the Clinical Director or other members of the leadership team on the creation of a calendar of activities and events that serve the purpose of increasing patient satisfaction
- RA/Personal Trainers will assist with crisis intervention with patients and engage with the community to promote positive interactions, decrease Against Medical Advice (AMA) potentials with patients and provide additional attention to those patients who are struggling with engagement in treatment. This will include functions such as assisting patients with getting to their scheduled groups, meeting their appointments with providers, participate in on-campus activities and address any concerns expressed by patients that negatively impact their treatment experience.
- High school diploma or GED
- Certification as a Personal Trainer
- Educated in Motivational Interviewing skills and other related patient engagement strategies as implemented at the facility.
- Ability to work in and adapt the culture of a multi-cultural, community-based organization
- Commitment to maintain confidentiality
- Understanding of the Agencys mission and culture and the ability to maintain appropriate boundaries with staff and clients in all circumstances
- Previous experience working with substance abuse and co-occurring disorders preferred
- Employment contingent upon clear UDS and criminal history record
- Good inter-personal skills.
- Must be able to ascend and descend up to three flights of stairs throughout the course of a normal workday.
- Satisfactory references from employers and/or professional peers
- Satisfactory criminal background check and drug screen, MVR if required
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(K)
- Generous paid time off accrual
- Excellent growth and development opportunities
- Satisfying and rewarding work striving to overcome the opioid epidemic
Everyone will be asked to be in compliance with the most recent COVID guidelines from CDC, State, County and City.
Here is what you can expect from us:
Granite Recovery Center is committed to helping people achieve lasting sobriety through comprehensive care and compassionate support. Founded by and staffed with individuals in recovery themselves, we treat residents with the respect and dignity they deserve. Our Canterbury center provides individualized care and evidence-based clinical approaches in an environment that promotes healing.
Granite Recovery Center is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veterans status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.