LPN ( Licensed Practical Nurse ) $2500 Bonus
Sertoma is currently seeking a Full-Time LPN for our Residential program. The shift is full-time, and this is a non-exempt / hourly position.
$24.00- $25.00 hourly
- $2500 New Hire Bonus
- Competitive wages with shift differentials
- Exceptional nurse to patient ratio of 1:2 with a full-time assistant
- paid job-related training, medical, dental, vision and life insurance for full-time employees
- 401(k) retirement with up to 5% company match for full-time employees after 1 year of employment
- Generous personal paid time off for employees working 35-40 hours per week; and advancement opportunities
Medical Residential LPN Job Description:
Responsible for the health and welfare of the residents in our well-appointed homes and provide a "family" type home atmosphere. Works as a team to upkeep their assigned home and fills in the gaps in emergency situations.
- EDUCATION: LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse ) license
Medical Residential LPN Responsibilities:
- Assure health & safety of people supported by assuring adequate exercise, providing assigned nursing services, maintaining up-to-date posting of medical/emergency information, assuring house is hazard-free, participating routinely training in fire evacuation, maintaining clean/sanitary environment and reporting any maintenance needs promptly.
- Meet the needs of the people supported through training and maintain a clean home, meal preparation, all shopping and personal hygiene.
- Work on training actions and BSP actions/objectives outlined in program plans with people supported on a regular basis. Document as specified.
- Encourage people supported to follow dietary menus, post all menus/special diets for easy access for other staff.
- Plan and follow through with regularly scheduled recreational activities at the house and maintain current inventory of personal items for people supported, first aid supplies, and home supplies; submit request for needed items to house manager.
- Participate in helping to maintain house records in an orderly and up to date manner, (i.e., fire drills, med requests, on-site client records-medical, licensure, ISP, etc.).
- Work regular schedule; participate as a team player and offer to cover or swap shifts when time off is needed. Sertoma nurses are required to cover shifts with existing nursing staff.
- Distribute medications and other medical treatments. Maintain weekly count and re-order as necessary according to agency policy and procedures; report medication errors.
- Attend circles of support, monthly staff meetings, and in-services. Provide input to the RN, CM and RC on all care plans. Meet monthly with CM on these and other issues.
- Submit assigned paperwork to CM and RC according to schedule in an accurate and timely manner.
- Familiarize self with licensure, fire marshal and quality assurance standards and always maintain assigned home within these standards. Meet often with RC on these issues.
- Work closely with all pertinent staff as a team member to assure highest standards and best quality of life for the clients.