The Fragrance Shop, the UKs leading Independent retailer is now recruiting for a HR Apprenticeto join the HR team located at our Head Office in Trafford Park, Manchester. This is a fantastic developmental opportunity for someone who wishes to develop their career in a HR environment as you will gain exposure in all elements of HR and support the implementation of a wide range of added value projects. This is an exciting time to join the team as we seek to improve the employee journey by implementing big changes, and as the Junior HR Advisor you will be integral in providing support to help achieve this vision.
The Junior HR Advisor will work as part of the HR team providing support across all areas of the HR function both on transactional matters e.g. new starter paperwork and value added projects.
- Provide support to the Head of HR on strategic initiatives and support the roll out and communication of any such initiatives
- Support the onboarding of all new starters, particularly within head office including issuing of contracts and offer letters and ensuring that they are added to the HR and Payroll system.
- Deputise for members of the HR team during any period of absence.
- Understand the business context and challenges in which you are working so that solutions you offer are appropriate for both the business and the employee.
- Conduct benchmarking on roles as required
- Establish your credibility as an expert and build relationships within the business.
- Support the provision of HR advice and guidance in line with company policy and employment legislation
- Provide a variety of styles of support including instruction, advice and coaching.
- Attend and support ER cases in the field and office as appropriate
- Produce data and insight for both the HR team and the business.
- Regularly monitor data and trends to ensure a proactive response to issues arising.
- Onboarding of team members including arranging and delivering their induction
- Conduct exit interviews and devise and report on leaver analysis.
- Support with the delivery of training on policies and procedures in a variety of medias.
- Ensure you are up to date with employment legislation
- Take a proactive approach to ensuring company policies and procedures are up to date and appropriate for the business.
- Keep the Head of HR informed of any high risk issues.
- Identify opportunities to positively improve the employment relationship and culture within the business.
- Work as part of the wider HR team to contribute to the design and the delivery of the employee engagement business plan.
- Keep up to date with latest thinking on employee engagement.
- Any other duties as and when required.
- Understanding of absence management, grievances, investigations and disciplinaries is essential.
- Experience of working in a fast paced HR team
- Ability to work under pressure, managing multiple cases/projects in a high speed fast paced environment essential
- A pro-active attitude towards work, making observations about the business, identifying and implementing suitable solutions at pace will be key to your success in this role.
- Effective communication and observation skills
- You may be educated to degree level and if you are CIPD qualified or working towards CIPD you would have an advantage over other candidates.
To work in the team you will have the following essential qualities:
- It is of particular importance that you can manage your workload, be proactive and like achieving results both personally but also for the benefit of the team and the business.
- You enjoy working as part of team, making decisions which contribute to the business success.
- You possess the ability to be confidential, treat issues with sensitivity and discretion.
- You enjoy ensuring that your records and data are maintained and correct and have strong IT skills (word, excel, powerpoint, email, internet and social media platforms).
- Your style will fit well with the company if you are used to being flexible, able to prioritise and manage relationships.
What you can expect:
Working at the UKs largest independent Fragrance retailer you will get to work for a company who prides itself on outstanding customer service and delivering fragrance and beauty products in a manner which best meets our customer needs.
Reporting to the Head of HR, you can expect to join a team who work hard to achieve results and are focused to ensure a great customer experience. We offer very competitive salaries, along with flexible working options including early finishes and duvet days. In addition, we further offer generous staff discount and an employee assistance programme.