Qualified Social Worker Family Safeguarding Surrey-wide 36 hours; full-time Social Care
Your new company
Surrey County Council is looking to welcome experienced qualified social workers and senior professionals to join their permanent teams in Family Safeguarding across the county.
Your new role
As a member of the Family Safeguarding Team, you will design strengths-based motivational strategies to address parental mental health, substance abuse, and domestic violence.
You will also provide effective and safe family/adolescent safeguarding services in accordance with statutory guidelines, policy, and standards to ensure that the needs of children and young people are fulfilled and that vulnerable children and young people are protected from harm. Determine the thoughts, feelings, and wishes of children, young people, and their parents/caregivers and utilise them to shape their care plans, as well as the development and delivery of services.
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree in Social Work CQSW/DipSW or equivalent and registration as a social worker with the HCPC
- Experience of family placement, childcare and permanency planning ranging from straight forward to highly complex
- Communicate skilfully and engage in complex and high-risk situations including effective negotiating.
- Identify, attain and maintain high levels of practice
- High level working knowledge of relevant legislation and policies and procedures relating to Looked After Children, Children in Need and Children in the Child Protection System
- Understand and apply the concepts of child development, attachment, separation, loss, change and resilience
- Commitment to equal opportunities and valuing diversity
What you'll get in return
- A competitive relocation package
- We pay your Social Worker England Registration fee
- 28 days annual leave, rising to 30 days after 5 years' service
- Car lease scheme
- Competitive local government pension
- Family and lifestyle discounts via Surrey Extra (discounts on everyday shopping with shopping cards and vouchers for Asda, Sainsbury's, Morrisons, Marks and Spencer, Primark and many more high street retailers. Plus voucher codes, cinema tickets and reward points, holiday offers and weekend breakaways, and lots more!
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Smart Employee Eyecare - free eye test and if required a free pair of discounted glasses, with no up-front costs to you!
- Employee Assistance Programme - offers advice, support and helpful information on personal, family, work, financial, legal and health issues, plus one to one counselling with 6 free counselling sessions.
- Fostering and adoption support
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Refer a friend and earn £250.