Working for AMP means being part of a company that values diverse thinking, encourages collaboration and promotes innovation. It's an environment that offers challenging and exciting work as well as opportunities for professional growth. We're flexible enough to allow you to make the most of your life, both professionally and personally.
We are looking for those that have the courage and agility to navigate changing and complex environments so that we can deliver the best solutions for our customers. We value people with integrity, an innate willingness to help others and an eagerness to perform to the best of their abilities.
About the role
The successful applicant will enable the business to solve problems through detailed analysis of system capabilities and by designing improvements and changes.
- Work closely with the Platform Architect and Project Manager to create and maintain a backlog according to business value or ROI.
- Contribute to the design of system changes
- Articulate technical features, detailed technical user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Work with developers to capture estimates for system change
- Be part of an agile development team
- Work closely with relevant teams to understand the opportunity and define the value of new and existing product(s).
- Become a subject matter expert for your team(s); have a full understanding of the core business systems, internal products, market and the competition to answer questions for your team.
- Use technical knowledge to facilitate liaison between technical teams and the business.
- Cross-skilling with other team members is a key requirement.
- The successful applicant will need to be versatile, and able to handle a variety of different types of tasks, ranging from production support activities to participation in large-scale projects. The ability to work at speed and on multiple activities simultaneously is an advantage.
Main focus areas
- Strong stakeholder management demonstrating ability to maintain effective relationships with stakeholders, ensure project is aligned to business objectives and negotiate trade-offs between business need and project do-ability.
- Ability to contribute to a diverse and distributed team and encourage high performing delivery culture
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communication styles to accommodate different audiences using the most effective channels
- Strong business judgement, ability to operate with ambiguous, unclear information
- Working with Vendors and 3rd Parties to deliver the program
- Manage risks and issues utilising Jira
- Knowledge of development environments - understanding the issues and difficulties
- Is detail orientated and a self-starter
- Working closely with key stakeholders to ensure any data and analytics provided is appropriate, relevant, and insightful
- Understand how data is stored in and flows between systems and design changes to data flows
- Implementing and managing checks and controls to validate data integrity
- Developing systems and processes to increase automation
- Development of tools and processes to enhance cross-system reporting capabilities (product processors and financial systems)
Experience and qualifications required
- 5+ years' experience in a Technical BA/BSA role, preferably in the retail banking sector
- Strong data modelling and data definition experience
- Experience in working in a Scrum framework using Jira and Confluence
- Experience with gathering and documenting business requirements
- SQL and data analysis
- Microsoft Excel
Job Specific Capabilities
- Excels at delivering within an agile methodology framework for continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated experience of effective liaison with stakeholders.
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors
- Accustomed to working in a small team within a large organisation
- Ability to work unsupervised
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.
Message to recruitment agencies and search firms
AMP does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any AMP employee, location or address. AMP is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Report this job advert
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs.
Want the right skills for the job? Prepare for Business Analyst roles with an industry-led course.
Bootcamps that teach you in-demand skills
Qualifications that current Business Analysts have studied