About the Role
Are you looking for a rewarding career with a healthy work life balance, supportive culture and the opportunity to enrich elderly lives?
Anglicare is one of NSW’s leading and fastest growing aged care providers. To support our growing business, we are searching for dedicated home care workers to care for our elderly clients and provide quality tailored care services in a professional and compassionate manner.
Reporting to our Care Team Leaders, you will be provided with professional paid training and ongoing mentoring and support.
With a focus on helping our clients remain in their own home, your duties and responsibilities will include:
• Personal care – showering, toileting and grooming both male and female clients
• Domestic Assistance - light housekeeping
• Meal preparation and serving
• Medication prompting and assistance
• Providing Transport – appointments, shopping and social outings
• Respite – being with clients to give Carers a break
• Social support – assisting clients to access community
• Using a smart phone and computer, as required, to communicate with clients and staff in a friendly and professional manner
What you will bring:
• Previous experience in aged/community care and/or have relevant aged care qualifications is an advantage, however not essential.
• Willingness to learn and a heart for the elderly
• Friendly and professional communicator
• Basic computer and smartphone working knowledge (experience with Microsoft Teams desirable)
• NSW C Class Motor Vehicle Licence (required)
• NSW registered and insured motor vehicle with minimum third party insurance (required)
• Full paid training and ongoing mentoring
• Opportunities for further professional development
offered, including accredited qualifications via traineeship pathways
• Tax free salary packaging entitlements of up to $15,900
• Receive competitive above award rates, get paid for travel time
• Work permanent part-time and have regular clients with ongoing services
Supportive arrangements provided during the COVID-19 pandemic including comprehensive training and all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to keep you and our clients safe.
We support people at all stages of life through providing quality home care, retirement living, residential aged care and community services across Sydney, Blue Mountains, Lithgow, New England, Illawarra and Eurobodalla. Anglicare employs over 3000 staff of over 100 different nationalities. With a rich 160-year history of serving people in need, we offer life-enriching care and compassion for each person, meeting material, physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched, and communities strengthened.
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.