Responsible for scheduling appointments for medical, dental, and OB/GYN patients at all Chase Brexton sites. Serves as the point of entry for answering incoming phones calls.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Receive inbound contacts (calls, emails, faxes, etc.) from patients and physicians requesting services.
* Answers calls in a timely manner to assist with maintaining a high level of quality service.
* Provide patients with information on physicians, available services provided, and directions to all of our locations.
* Answer patients or physicians questions pertaining to appointments and services provided.
* Interviews callers to obtain full understanding of what information is being requested.
* Responsible for satisfying the customer's scheduling needs and striving for first call resolution.
Compliance, Policy, and Procedure
* Coordinate appointments for patients needing multiple types of healthcare services.
* Properly registers patients by verifying and obtaining accurate patient information.
* Ensures that established patients have updated contact and demographic information
* Complies with confidentiality policies, such as HIPAA, when contacting patients.
* Maintain and update patient demographic and insurance pre-registration information in scheduling system.
* Provide high quality customer service on every call.
* Display empathy and sensitivity to each patient's individual needs.
* Always uses courtesy words and shows respect to each patient.
Workplace Computers and Equipment
* Creates and responds to Emails, Flags and Phone notes in the Centricity database.
* Inputs contact, demographic, and insurance information into Centricity database.
* Updates appointment reminder statuses appropriately into the Centricity database.
Dependability and Reliability
* Display time flexibility towards work shift per company needs.
* Promote teamwork and call center success.
* Work as a group to improve call center policies and procedures.
* Always uses courtesy works and shows respect for each member of our team.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to type 35 wpm preferred.
* Require excellent verbal and written communication, professional telephone manner, interviewing and interpersonal skills to interact with patients, families, members of the health care team and external agencies.
* Requires ability to work with diverse people and deal effectively with angry and/or upset customers.
* Knowledge of MS word, Excel, and MS Outlook preferred; EMR experience is a plus
* Bilingual - English and Spanish preferred.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
* High school degree or GED required, college degree preferred.
* A minimum of 2 years of Medical Call Center experience is required.
* In lieu of 2 year experience in a Medical Call Center; a combination of 2 years non-medical call center and medical office experience is required.