Business Development Manager / Business Manager
Adele Carr is recruiting for a Northwest-based client to recruit for a Business Development Manager to join the business to cover the UK on a field-based, full-time, permanent basis.
We are searching for a candidate who will develop business and liaise with Housing Developers to research, tender and win contracts nationwide. Although experience in landscaping, asset management or the house building industry would be an advantage, it is in by no means essential.
Training will be provided in all aspects of the job, however, experience in Business Development, a hardworking attitude and a willingness to learn are non-negotiable.
This role will be nationwide, although the central support function to the company is provided by the head office, based in the Northwest. All candidates considering applying must be willing to travel and, where required, spend nights away from home. The target client base is nationwide, so the successful candidates' location is not crucial.
This is potentially a life-changing role for the right candidate, the opportunity of what this role can become is uncapped. This could range from fulfilling a role in a newly formed department or, if the candidate is willing to put the hard work in, becoming the Managing Director of the business.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary of £45k-£55k + bonus/comms (Alternatively up to £80k salary, no bonus)
- Incentive bonuses including profit share
- Monday-Friday 37.5 hrs p/w
- Work from home / Office / Site based - Will depend on the candidate's location
- 25 days Annual Leave + birthday + bank holidays
- Free Lunch included every day
- Personal phone bill paid for
- Free Gym Membership
- Enhanced Pension contributions
- You will be invited to attend paid various entertainment events such as Marbella, Bali, races, football, awards ceremonies, balls, dinners and networking around the UK and all expenses paid trips (not mandatory to attend)
What will be expected of you:
- Researching prospects and identifying key decision-makers
- Establish communication with existing contacts and leads.
- Arranging and attending meetings with house builders
- Reading housing development drawings
- Undertake marketing and direct sales campaigns, including the use of social media platforms
- Attend client introduction meetings to promote the company and generate leads and opportunities
- Review enquiry specifics, including site inspections, to allow application of pricing strategy.
- Compile and issue quotations to clients.
- Pursue and obtain orders from clients.
- Attending and delivering resident introduction meetings.
- Dealing with residents and housebuilder clients to appease any issues that may arise.
What we are looking for:
- Determination, ambition and self-motivation
- Hard-working, driven, goal-orientated mindset
- Full driving license and be open to travel within the UK (mileage paid for)
- Experience in a business development focussed role
- Excellent communication skills
- Great rapport-building skills
- Desire to grow, learn and develop in a role