Working for this established and growing organisation, the Complaints Handler will support the Compliance Department handling the companies’ regulatory obligations. The Complaints Handler will take ownership of complaints, making sure that fair outcomes are achieved for all clients. This includes making sure that consideration is given to clients who have expressed dissatisfaction, suffered distress, inconvenience or financial loss. In return, you will be rewarded with 25 days’ holidays plus Bank Holidays, plus an impressive benefits package.
Hours of work: 09:00 - 17:00, Monday - Friday.
Salary: To be discussed during call
To apply for the role, you should have knowledge of regulatory requirements with respect to complaint handling in an FCA regulated environment, ideally within an FCA or Financial Ombudsman Services complaints background. Due to our client being an FCA regulated business, the succesful person will need to pass a satisfactory credit check.
- Keeping up to date with regulatory complaints handling principles.
- Making sure that all complaints are fully and accurately logged and updated on the complaints management system.
- Making sure that the nature of the complaint is fully investigated and responded to as per FCA guidelines.
- Understanding and responding positively to any objections customers may have and ensure Treating Customers Fairly is embedded in the culture.
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with other parts of the business to support the delivery of fair outcomes.
- Identifying areas for process, policy, and service improvements.
- Liaising with Regulatory bodies and Insurers.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements with respect to complaint handling in a regulated industry.
- FCA or Financial Ombudsman Service complaints exposure or similar. (Desirable but not essential)
- A passion for excellent customer service and treating customers fairly
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to manage your own workload and prioritise accordingly
- A Positive "can do" attitude, self-motivated and organised
- Strong interpersonal skills to deal with challenging issues and provide the right outcome for the customer and the business
- Excellent verbal, listening and written communication skills
Keywords: Complaints, Complaints Handling, Customer Service, Insurance, FCA
Unfortunately due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven’t contacted you within 48 hours please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies.
We are acting on behalf of the client as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
We are an equal opportunities agency and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.