We are Fowler Welch - a multi award winning supply chain specialist working with retailers, wholesalers and manufacturers across the UK. We live by a simple set of values: to delight our customers, maximise our efficiency, be socially responsible and to promote being an employer of choice.
We are now recruiting for a Management Accountant on a full time, permanent basis for our Spalding site.
Shift: Monday to Friday, 08:30 - 17:30(A degree of flexibility is required in order to meet the demands of the business)
As a Management Accountant, you will be producing the management accounts and commentary for key areas of the business.Key Responsibilities:
- Providing Systems support, maintenance and development for all systems controlled by the Finance department.
- Presenting and explain financial performance for their areas to the Senior Managers as required
- Proactively identifying and delivering best practice processes improvements (efficiency, control or reporting)
- Advising operational managers on the correct accounting treatment of transactions
- Assisting and supplying information to auditors for annual audit
- Owning the accounting for designated cost centres, nominal codes or balance sheet codes (e.g. Revenue, Commercial Vehicles, Trailers, Agency, Subcontractor costs) including:
- Reviewing spend and invoices
- Working with Operational Owners / Managers to understand, challenge and correctly account for business performance
- Completing financials for weekly Flash and month end
- Preparing and posting journals
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Prepare detailed explanation of performance compared to budget / forecast. Identify Risks and Opportunities to forecast.
- Identifying profit improvement opportunities
- Qualified Accountant - CIMA, ACCA or ACA
- Minimum of 3 years experience of management / financial accounting
- Strong Excel skills with the ability to create and develop spreadsheets using functions (pivot tables, lookups etc.) or macros to automate and improve accounting
- Ability to proactively identify and implement process improvements
- Strong knowledge of accounting regulations, procedures and current legislation
- Strong attention to detail and ability to review and spot errors / queries
- Continuous improvement mentality - with the ability to identify and implement at pace process improvements (improving control / efficiency / insight)
- Adaptable and flexible in approach to work
- Team player with the desire to work with and challenge appropriately finance and operational colleagues
- Analytical skills with the ability to make judgements from data and then work with the business through to conclusion
- Proficiency in Word and Powerpoint
In return for your passion, hard work and determination in providing outstanding service to our customers we offer:
- Free Fowler Welch Healthcare Cash Plan
- Free life insurance as a Fowler Welch employee equal to three times your basic salary.
- Competitive pension scheme
- 'Cycle 2 Work’ Scheme - save up to 42% on the cost of a new bike and necessary equipment.
- Recognition schemes for our exceptional employees - monthly winners receive £100 of shopping vouchers.
When our staff have passion for what they do they work with more care and attention which is reflected to our clients, Click APPLY NOW to #JoinOurWinningTeam and begin your career today!