Catch 22 are excited to be chosen as the recruitment partner for one of the further education establishments based in Leeds in their search for a creative and knowledgeable Deputy Director of Estates and Facilities to join their dynamic and vibrant Estates and Facilities department.
Leading as an energetic and innovative role model, the ideal candidate will be forward thinking, motivational, and an advocate of supporting the development and growth of both staff and the department. A significant aspect of the post will be the wider delivery of the campus 'Masterplan' and overall, of the estate's development programme covering new build, refurbishment and planned cyclical and reactive maintenance deliverables.
As Deputy Director of Estates and Facilities you will be responsible for the day to day management of the services. A key aspect of this will be to manage all phases of the University 'master plan', it's related resources and facilities and associated works, to ensure a successful delivery in providing a physical and fit for purpose learning environment for students and staff commensurate with the University's ambitions.
To deliver a professional estates and facilities service and the masterplan in its entirety, in accordance with the needs of the University ensuring a successful outcome, effective interaction of all services within other university departments and faculties including stakeholders and partners. Provide strategic masterplan leadership and effective management of the programme of works, being accountable for the efficient and effective provision of a comprehensive client centred services for the university and its stakeholders and partners as required.
The main responsibilities for the Deputy Director of Estates and Facilities:
- Responsible for the day-to-day service delivery of the University Estates and Facilities departments and to deputise for the Director of Estates and facilities in their absence and contribute towards the overall leadership of the estates and facilities department.
- To support the Director of Estates and Facilities in the full development and integration of CAFM and BMS systems that support the University strategic plan, facilitate its new activities, improve the student and staff experience and improve efficiency through process automation and self-service.
- Responsible for defining, measure and report on a set of Key Performance Indicators which will be used to report the impact of the Estates Sub strategy to University Management, University Committees and Governors.
- To support project and programme governance by providing and presenting papers to support Executive, Finance and Resource committee and Board of Governors meetings and other University committees, as required.
- To build excellent working relationships with academic and professional service colleagues across the university and remote locations to understand their current and future needs for space and teaching and learning facilities including specialist teaching facilities, to act as a trusted advisor in the development of their strategies and to ensure that the Estates and Facilities department supports their work
The post holder will also have considerable experience of managing a multiskilled estates and facilities department, including experience of supporting a significant campus wide development and managing a large annual capital and revenue budget.
Applicants should have a degree qualification in a relevant construction related discipline such as project management, building surveying and or mechanical and electrical. They must have excellent organisational skills and good interpersonal and communication skills. Proven experience of managing an Estates and Facilities department is. Relevant experience in the Education sector and a good knowledge of working with financial spreadsheets and ideally AutoCAD skills would be advantageous.
In return, our client is offering a salary between £60,000 & £65,000 per annum alongside a generous package which includes the opportunity for flexible working.
For more information on this fantastic opportunity, please do not hesitate to contact Scott Linnen for an informal conversation.