Part of the HSEQ Advisory Team to champion, manage and co-ordinate all health, safety, environmental and quality activities across the business, ensuring that all people within the organisation and interested parties understand their responsibilities and liabilities are compliant with current legislation and conduct their business in a safe place with safe equipment
- Provide professional advice, guidance and support to directors, senior managers and staff by interpreting legislation and developing local policies and procedures that enable managers and their teams to discharge their responsibilities effectively and in compliance with relevant legislation.
- Continuously audit and review the divisions across the group, assisting the management teams in implementing good practice in-line with the Corporate Health and Safety Strategy and its desired outcomes to ensure a process of continual improvement.
- Ensure that Corporate Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality standards are continually improved, maintained and implemented across all areas of the business. This will include maintaining current accreditations and development of plans to integrate all ISO standards into an Integrated Management System (IMS) model to take the group forward as outlined in the Group Health and Safety Strategy.
- Assist in the management and monitoring of health, safety and environmental action plans to address deficiencies and promote continuous improvement. This will involve working with directors and managers to generate action plans plus following up to ensure that plans have been implemented
- Conduct site inspections and make written recommendations to achieve the desired health, safety, environmental and quality standards, identifying hazards and determining practical and efficient ways of minimising risk.
- Ensure that appropriate records of assessments, inspections, actions, training, incidents and other relevant activities are compiled corporately and across all areas of the business ensuring that this information is used to identify hazards, minimise risk and support the process of continuous improvement
- Investigate all health & safety related incidents either individually or as part of an investigation team and recommend measures to prevent a recurrence and respond to trends in injury, ill health and absence, including advising managers on how to tackle deficiencies.