Job Title: Broking Manager / Placing Broker
Location: National role
Salary: Circa £50,000
Job Type: Permanent
- Lead best broking practice in a consistent way across offices. Strategy should fully support the aims of the business but also be aligned to the overall Broking team approach whenever possible
- Hands on placement activity advising on and coordinating broking strategy with Client Directors and Client Advisors through the tender process.
- Leading negotiations with insurers to secure quality placement solutions and maximise volume of responses both via the tender process and a standard broking exercise.
- Work with new business producers to best position prospective opportunities with insurers, improving success rate by enhancing market position tactically.
- Establishing and cultivating new insurer relationships within the sector
- Monitor and evaluate Insurer performance and service delivery adjusting future broking strategy to continue to get the best from the markets
- Maximise placement income where possible, ensuring as cross office a consistent approach as possible.
- Support team members to understand the standard commission arrangements in place.
- Support with client meetings and State of the Market presentations, tailoring these to the sector where possible.
- Provide training for team members in relation to etrade solutions
- Work with all stakeholders to produce quarterly MI report evidencing insurer current appetite, placement movement and performance teams
- Manage and monitor individual tender support required from all Partner areas meeting regularly to keep communication channels open and relationships strong
- Work with these areas to maximise potential for all opportunities, ensuring that there are no missed opportunities
- Keep abreast of cover specific changes in these specialist teams/market intelligence and adjust their solutions to meet client needs
- Engage regularly with insurers to help manage identified pipeline opportunities for them and support.
- Work with Insurers to develop facilities and schemes especially in the Communities team and for more transaction lead solution requirements
- Maximise etrade solutions and work with Insurers
- Attendance at meetings & conference calls of the Regional Broking Group.
- Disseminating group broking and market information to relevant teams and stakeholders
- Providing data and information to the RBD/Group Broking teams when requested.
- Full engagement and interaction with RBD and London Market Broking team (LMB)
- Support Leadership team to develop new and replacement product solutions
Qualifications and Experience
- Cert CII minimum qualification or working towards this.
- A good level of general insurance understanding
- Good knowledge of the UK insurance market including London broking and placements.
- Proven experience within a broking, client facing or sales role is important as is a demonstrable track record of developing effective relationships and delivering real results.
- High-level regulatory awareness
- Confidence to build and maintain effective relationships with all insurers, including Direct Deal insurers.
- Confidence to build and maintain effective internal relationships and a professional network
- Work well under pressure and ambiguity in a fast paced role with peak renewal seasons.
- Effective negotiation skills and a proven track record of maximising income from placements
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, at decision maker level
- Excellent planning and analytical skill
- Eligible to work in the UK and ability to travel.
- Overall broking structure thoughts
For extra information please contact:-