Want to work for a prestigious faith-based organisation with a significant international presence? Looking for the opportunity to be part of a dynamic Senior Management Team and drive strategic development? Are you excited at the prospect of international travel and working across a network who are all united by a common purpose? If yes, this could be your next role!
This Christian charity are currently seeking a new Director of Governance and Administration to join their close-knit, vibrant team on a permanent basis. Based in London and managing a team of two, you will be responsible for holding key oversight of all things Governance and Operations, whilst also being an active member of the senior management team and driving forward strategic planning initiatives in line with organisational goals.
The key duties of this Director of Governance and Administration role are as follows:
- Take the lead on all things governance for the charity, being the key link across all Trustee and Finance Committee meetings throughout the year.
- Work in conjunction with the CEO and Chair of Trustees in the development of governance papers and meeting agendas.
- Attend all key meetings across the organisation and international network, ensuring minutes are prepared and all progress on actionable measures are monitored and reported back to the relevant stakeholders in a timely fashion.
- Attend regular Senior Management Team meetings, contributing towards the development of the strategic plan and preparing presentations as requested.
- Hold key oversight of all things HR for the charity, working closely with the External HR Consultant to ensure all policies and procedures are up to date.
- Assume full ownership of the charity’s risk register and managing the digitalisation process of their archives.
This Director of Governance and Administration role is the perfect opportunity for a senior professional with a strong background in governance and regulation, who is now looking to take a step up into a more senior role, that will have key interactions with a variety of extremely high profile stakeholders based all across the world.
The successful candidate will have:
- Expert knowledge of governance and regulation.
- Previously managed a small team.
- Ideally, a background working in the charity sector, civil service or BBC, but this is by no means essential.
- Brilliant communication and interpersonal skills.
- Confident presentation and leadership skills.
- Ideally, a background holding key oversight of HR, GDPR and/or information governance functions, but candidates without this are still strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please do not delay in applying as applications are under continuous review and this role is likely to be filled before the closing date.