Data Protection Advisor - temporary - asap for 3 months.
3 months - immediate start
Based in Chandlers Ford (mix of remote and on site working)
Mon to Fri - 8.30am to 5pm
Casual dress code
Free Parking when on site
Role Purpose: Responsible for the handling of complex and non-complex data protection requests, advising on a range of data protection matters and ensuring data protection compliance within the organisation.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
- Responsible for responding to data requests (including Subject Access Requests ("SARs") from customers, employees and third parties, dealing with them promptly and in compliance with GDPR. Operating a diary management system to ensure legal deadlines are met.
- Providing tailored responses to data requests and/or data complaints where required on complex matters.
- Supporting the management of data protection mailbox including appropriate allocation to team members, this includes assessing risk and complexity of request.
- Work independently (with minimal supervision) on day-to-day caseload, carrying out investigations with relevant business stakeholders at WL2 and WL3.
- Liaising with data subjects and their representatives on complex data requests and complaints (including telephone calls where required). Seeking external expert legal advice, interpreting, and implementing the legal advice and being prepared to challenge where necessary. Ensuring that when delivering the legal advice, the tone and language is right.
- Proactively work with the Business to identify key trends and support the Data Protection Partner in implementing required change. Ensuring follow-up actions on regulatory and complaint matters are completed working with relevant stakeholders across all functions as appropriate.
- Leading on Regulatory matters and liaising with the Regulator where required including informing/updating Director of Legal, Data Protection Partner and Group Data Protection Officer as and when required.
- Responsible for advising the Business and independently assessing risk on a range of data breaches. Notifying key stakeholders where required and taking the appropriate steps.
- Responsible for regularly monitoring data numbers and running reports for client, supporting the Data Protection Partner as required.
- Mentoring the Data Protection Assistants
- Assist the Data Protection Partner with all other ad hoc related matters as required
- Managing legal risk
- Liaising with other members of the Legal Team, as required to ensure an aligned legal approach.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.