A growing group of companies who are doing fantastically well have an intriguing and exciting management accountant role available.
Reporting to the lovely Financial Controller the duties and responsibilities will include:
- Support PI counts, stock variances and receipting issues within manufacturing.
- Support warehouse stock location management and analysis of production reporting
- Establish recovery rates per machine / product type
- Ensure scrap and wastage are recorded correctly
- Track daily sales and margin per customer / product type
- Attendance at production meetings as required by operations director
- Become proficient in use of ERP and warehouse systems
- Responsible for all areas of accounting around stock, including inventory valuations at closing.
- Preparing sales and profitability analysis
- Understand major drivers on the cost base
- Analyse manufacturing variances
- Produce inventory reports.
- Review material costs for inconsistencies, including PPV
- Forecasting rolling 12 months to gross margin level.
- Refine and build models to ensure accuracy of reported data into the business
- Establish standard costs and update as appropriate
- At least 2-3 years working within a manufacturing environment
- Ideally qualified CIMA, although QBE will be considered.
- Strong costing and stock experience preferred.
- Proactive, self-motivated and with strength of character.
- A confident communicator who can build relationships with the wider organisation quickly.
- Ability to challenge the status quo
- Ability to quickly interpret facts and compare data
- Flexibility in managing varying workload and willingness to get the job done.
- Excel IT skills (excel to intermediate stage a must)
- Experience using ERP systems, Microsoft General plains an advantage but not essential.