Technical Service Representative
Field / Remote working across the UK (and occasionally Europe), required to attend the Company offices (currently located in Camden, London) 1 day/month.
TouchTunes is the world's largest in-venue interactive music and entertainment platform, with our connected jukeboxes featured in over 65,000 locations globally. Our music experience inspires emotional connections in shared spaces, enhancing the way people interact with each other and their environment. Millions of songs are played daily across the TouchTunes network, with our popular mobile app driving the vast majority of plays.
We are seeking aTechnical Service Representative (TSR)who will be responsible for coordinating and overseeing jukebox installations at customer sites across the UK and occasionally Europe; providing troubleshooting support for service and product technical issues, both via remote support (helpline service desk) and onsite visits; hosting operator and customer training; testing and quality checking components and products; and establishing and maintaining customer connectivity.
The TSR reports directly to the Technical Services Manager and works closely alongside the Customer Service and Sales team. The role primarily operates within the TouchTunes UK business but supports the Soundnet business by managing and assisting with customer support enquiries.
What your day-to-day looks like:
- Assisting and supporting operators in the installation process at locations as necessary to ensure all installation and troubleshooting practices are understood.
- Training operators on TouchTunes jukeboxes at their business locations, training seminars, and corporate events to ensure all install and troubleshooting practices are understood.
- Providing service and customer support during field visits and building positive relationships with customers.
- Providing first-line support to complex customer queries and technical problems and escalating, where appropriate, to the Technical Services Manager.
- Diagnosing errors or technical problems, including those communicated through the helpline, and determining appropriate solutions with assistance from the US-based techline resources and from the Technical Services Manager.
- Understanding customer requirements and making appropriate recommendations.
- Communicating with management on any service, business, or product performance issues that may impact the company’s ability to do business in the EU.
- Working with local sales representatives to promote and sell TouchTunes and Soundnet products, including, on occasion, attending demonstrations of the jukebox to operators with the sales rep at the customer location.
- Completing all documentation, call, and utilisation reporting as directed.
- Providing support for jukebox installations at trade shows and other marketing events attended by Soundnet and/or TouchTunes.
- Testing performance of jukebox equipment using test instruments, such as electronic voltmeters.
- On occasion and when required, providing support for Soundnet customer queries, including answering telephone and email enquiries.
- Maintaining a good working knowledge of jukebox and interface management.
- Maintaining awareness and observation of all Health and Safety regulations.
What you bring to the table:
- 2-3 years of relevant experience, such as working as a field support technician or network professional.
- Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installation (or equivalent) preferred but not essential.
- Knowledge of jukebox installation and operation desirable but not essential.
- Experience with AV installation,ADSL and Wi-Fi networks.
- Ability to install and troubleshoot audio-visual systems and other associated systems, including speakers, amps, wiring, routers and basic broadband/Wi-Fi set up.
- Working knowledge of personal computer and network operations for hardware and software.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to plan, coordinate, and prioritise to meet demand whilst also fairly managing the expectations of others.
- Ability to plan, navigate and drive to customer and site visits.
- Ability to work independently using own initiative and expertise and to recognise when to escalate issues and work collaboratively to solve problems.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to present to audiences and provide clear and effective (instructional) information.
- Professional and effective customer service skills, via telephone and email/help desk support, and in-person.
- Familiarity with mobile tools and applications.
- Openness to learn and expand skill sets.
What is in it for you:
- Company car for business and personal use.
- Company bonus.
- 25 days Annual Leave (plus UK Public Holidays).
- Enhanced Sick Leave.
- Workplace salary sacrifice pension scheme (autoenrollment)
- Enhanced employer pension contributions at 4%.
- Group Life Assurance - x3 annual basic salary.
- BHSF Health Cash Plan - cashback on major healthcare expenses.
- 24/7 virtual GP services.
- Employee Assistance Programmes (EAP)
- Perkbox - perks and discounts across big brands, including Apple and Uber.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
- Right to work in the UK.
- Required to maintain a valid full UK Driving Licence.
- Required to maintain a valid passport for travel throughout Europe with more than 6 months remaining before expiry.
- Work to be carried out outside normal working hours onoccasion.
- Must be able to regularly lift up to 60kg unaided, or with reasonable adjustments.
- Must be willing to be exposed to potentially offensive lyrics and/or video content. Due to the nature of the business, in order to prevent this type of material from going to customers, it is a necessary function of the business to listen for, edit or remove this content from our database.