Full/Part Time - Youth worker Teaching Assistant
£80 - £100 daily rate – PAYE
Youth Learning Mentor needed for a 1:1/small group intervention role within Kingston and Richmond, working with primary and secondary aged pupils
Are you interested in supporting young people who are out of mainstream school? Do you have what it takes to adapt in a rewarding environment as part of a supportive team working hard for their pupils? Have you ever thought about working in an Alternative Provision, PRU or Behaviour Unit? I would love to hear from you.
If you have experience or feel confident in at least 2 of the following bullet points, please get in touch.
- Outgoing and fun personality
- Youth/Community work experience
- Psychology/Criminology gradate (background)
- SEN experience
- Residential support/care worker
- Sports coaching
- Team Teach
- Youth Offending Services
- Supporting NEET’s
- Challenging behaviour within family
- Teaching/Learning support Assistance
To be considered for the Youth Teaching Assistant role you will:
- Be able to travel to Kingston and Richmond
- Work 8:30 – 16:00 (Monday – Friday).
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate with families, carers and a multidisciplinary team of teaching staff and educational psychologists.
- Working knowledge of meeting the emotional, social, and mental health of young people
- Desire to take a supporting role in a challenging setting.
How to apply Youth Support /Teaching Assistant Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart teachers, please contact Fatima Zohra Chehalfi on .
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.